Overcoming Limitations of Thing_Hate Behavior

Moderator: Rex Claussen

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Overcoming Limitations of Thing_Hate Behavior

Post by Rex Claussen »

I posted this on the ZDooM forums. I vaguely recall that I had the same question when creating the TITLEMAP for Paranoiac but I can't find that thread. So I figured I'd ask again in those forums and in these. Here's a copy-and-paste from that post:

Here's my scenario:
1. I have two enemies of one species tagged 14 (say, Team 1)
2. I have several enemies of two different species tagged 15 (say, Team 2)
3. My script is (Thing_Hate 14, 15); and (Thing_Hate 15, 14);
4. Once at least one member of each team is killed the surviving enemies appear to ignore the other team enemies.
5. This results in surviving enemies returning to their idle states rather than seeking out their opponents until all enemies with a given tag are killed

How should I set up my scenario so that the fighting continues until all enemies with a given tag are killed?

I suppose I can assign each enemy a unique tag and duplicate the Thing_Hate instructions, but this seems an extremely inelegant want to achieve what I want.

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Overcoming Limitations of Thing_Hate Behavior

Post by Rex Claussen »

Here is a suggestion on the ZDooM forums:
Logan MTM wrote:While loop checking the count, call the same script to force hellish chaos (i like that), until team A or B count 0?
Let me see how this would need to be set up. Meanwhile, if one of you scripting gurus want to put the sytax together for me I'll gladly accept your help.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Overcoming Limitations of Thing_Hate Behavior

Post by Rex Claussen »

All resolved now. LoganTM helped me out on the ZDooM forums.

Return to “Parallax”