Map01: Issues

Moderator: Rex Claussen

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Map01: Issues

Post by Rex Claussen »

I downloaded the latest build of Paranoidiac, and played through a bit of the original levels, including MAP01. I noticed a couple of things that ought to be addressed:

1. The opening cut-scene has a new option to skip the introduction by Dr. Bellmer's Controller. If you don't press the <use> key at that point, but press it once you've entered Black Mesa, you'll warp to the start of the "playable" section of the map. This needs to be changed so that once the player enters Black Mesa proper, that part of the script (involving the <use> key) is disabled.
2. The area with the Barney blocking the door (next to the offices) captures the sounds of the scientists talking. Because of the reverb, the sounds of those voices becomes annoyingly intrusive. I'm not sure how to prevent this from happening, short of assigning block-sound to the appropriate lines.
3. The Ionization chambers don't show the proper water textures any more. I believe I had brought this to the Team's attention during Paranoiac's development, and I think this might be a function of GZDooM and some video cards.

And, holy shit! Did you see the new model for the medic station? Wow!
Ed the Bat
Developer
Developer

Re: Map01: Issues

Post by Ed the Bat »

Thank you for catching issue #1; it was an oversight on my part, and I have just implemented a proper fix. I will be committing it within a few minutes. Issues 2 and 3 are likely beyond my grasp for fixing, and I've seen 3 manifest in Paranoia since long before my involvement. I will be happy to help on these if I can, but I feel it will require the work of others more versed than I am.

And I'm very happy you like the new medic station I implemented! I pulled it and the new HEV charge station from Half-Life: Decay.

Return to “Parallax”