jDUI and GZDoom

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

NightFright

jDUI and GZDoom

Post by NightFright »

I've been trying to get jDUI loading in GZDoom (v1.1.2 r101) but it is only working partially. I am putting most of the UI graphics into the "hires" dir, except for menu screens (like TITLEPIC or INTERPIC) which won't get stretched if I don't put them into the "graphics" folder instead.

What's working:
- skull menu selector
- "NIGHTMARE!" difficulty selection pic
- ammo counter font (status bar right)
- status bar
- replacements for skull keys and keycards for HUD
- M_DOOM menu title
- Doomguy face
- Ep1-3 intermission maps ("You are here") without the patches

What's not working:
- "arms" replacement patch for status bar (overlaps "frags" section); this is shown too far on the left
- any health, ammo or armor counter font (red); too much left also
- patches for Ep1-3 intermission maps (buildings, blood splat, "You are here" sign)

The status bar is basically only usable if you use the ammo counter font only, nothing else. As soon as you put the highres status bar into the "hires" folder, things will get messed up.

Any idea how to fix this? What's really strange is that the UIs for Heretic and Hexen work absolutely fine, practically no issues there. Is the Doom HUD so different compared to those?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

You'll need to use a HIRESTEX lump to define each new graphic as a replacement for an existing one. For example:

Code: Select all

remap HINMARE M_NTMARE
That will replace the original M_NTMARE lump with the high-res HINMARE graphic, scaling HINMARE down to the exact dimensions of M_NTMARE.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The status bar can not be replaced by hires textures. Sorry.
This is because it is composited internally from different patches and all this is done in low res.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Now wait, wasn't Blzut3 working on making HIRESTEX work with the status bar (or at the very least, SBARINFO)?
Remmirath

Post by Remmirath »

I was working on The Demon Slayer(my mod), and i scaled a 800x80 statusbar to fit the 320x32 dimensions with HIRES...
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

wildweasel wrote:Now wait, wasn't Blzut3 working on making HIRESTEX work with the status bar (or at the very least, SBARINFO)?

SBARINFO can do it, I think. But the normal Doom status bar is a special case.
NightFright

Post by NightFright »

As I said, it's working partially. If you only use the STGNUM1-9, STKEYS1-5 and STYSNUM1-9 without the highres statusbar itself, those will be aligned just fine ingame. As soon as you add the bar, the problems start because the "ARMS" replacement patch and the counters get messed up, and it will only get worse if you try to replace them with highres stuff as well.

Doom menu fonts would probably work, too but they seem to be handled differently in GZDoom than in Doomsday. You would need a highres versions of each menu entry (like for M_NTMARE) which don't exist anywhere.

The only thing that isn't working in the Heretic/Hexen games is the right part of the Heretic HUD head (RTFCTOP) which is floating above the statusbar. Everything else is looking top-notch with highres stuff.

Return to “GZDoom”