Gzdoom Painkiler Sky Textures HD 4096x1024 in Zip format mod

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

doomexpert

Gzdoom Painkiler Sky Textures HD 4096x1024 in Zip format mod

Post by doomexpert »

hi,

I need help about High-res sky textures in gzdoom
Since in Gzdoom you can import a sky texture whatever size you want in all kinds of Format (JPG)
I heard that you can do that in an way with an zip format mod and apply the high res textures in the texture folder and just make an Mapinfo.txt
so you can name it whatever the name of the texture would be if it is the same in mapinfo.txt

i dont know if the mapinfo parsingcode is case-sensivity?
i dont want it implemented in a wad because then the colore look like shit.

so i need gzdoom real High sky textures, i dont have any sky texture so i dont know where i can find those things.
what i need is with an SUN later i can apply shadows in an direction. so bright and white nice weather skies with a biautiful sun.
anybdody who can help?
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: Gzdoom Painkiler Sky Textures HD 4096x1024 in Zip format

Post by Gez »

doomexpert wrote:Since in Gzdoom you can import a sky texture whatever size you want in all kinds of Format (JPG)
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Image_format
doomexpert wrote:I heard that you can do that in an way with an zip format mod and apply the high res textures in the texture folder and just make an Mapinfo.txt
so you can name it whatever the name of the texture would be if it is the same in mapinfo.txt
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Namespace
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement
doomexpert wrote:i dont know if the mapinfo parsingcode is case-sensivity?
Nope.
doomexpert wrote:i dont want it implemented in a wad because then the colore look like shit.
It's not a question of archive format, it's a question of image format. If you convert the texture to the patch/sprite or flat format, then the colors will suffer from being forced into the Doom palette, which may or may not be adequate. But whether it's in a wad or a zip does not matter at all.
doomexpert wrote:so i need gzdoom real High sky textures, i dont have any sky texture so i dont know where i can find those things.
Whuh? Why does your thread title sound like you have ripped Painkiller textures then? Anyway, just google sky texture or skybox texture and you'll find plenty.
doomexpert

Post by doomexpert »

oh sorry for wrong language. ok but how do you do that and what program is best to import a jpg photo?
i must exactly know the steps how you can import a hd sky photo in a wad.
Last edited by doomexpert on Sat Jul 17, 2010 21:53, edited 2 times in total.
doomexpert

Post by doomexpert »

btw i have w7 64 bit
Last edited by doomexpert on Sat Jul 17, 2010 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
doomexpert

Post by doomexpert »

oh sorry for wrong language. ok but how do you do that and what program is best to import a jpg photo?
i must exactly know the steps how you can import a hd sky photo in a wad.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Please use the 'edit' button. That's 3 times you posted - and that makes no one happy.
doomexpert

Post by doomexpert »

ITs so simple to ask a question, but i didnt get answers...... nobody tells how to do it.

Return to “GZDoom”