Brightmaps

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Nash
Developer
Developer

Re: Brightmaps

Post by Nash »

These look pretty cool, DrVenom8. Do you have any plans to do a brightmap texture pack for Plutonia and TNT?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'll probably take some of the Heretic brightmaps for the official pack. However, like Doom, sprites only. I'm not sold on putting brightmaps on textures.
DrVenom8

Post by DrVenom8 »

Nash wrote:These look pretty cool, DrVenom8. Do you have any plans to do a brightmap texture pack for Plutonia and TNT?
I'm going to go back to Doom after finishing Hexen.
gravitar

Post by gravitar »

Just want to say that I also like this very much, especially the glowing eyes on the monsters, they're awesome. Can't really give much criticism, except maybe the barons now look very hot handed (bright), and the PEs look like halloweenn pumpkins when they are in darker areas. Perhaps the revenant missiles are also brighter as normal, but all these could just be my settings.
Thanks for sharing :)
RaVeN

Post by RaVeN »

Good work. What about these brightmaps is good to
http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5068
Salad Viking

Hexen brightmaps (ready for submission!)

Post by Salad Viking »

Though it's been a while since I actually finished these brightmaps, I now have organized them into a pk3 sorted into directories so you can look at each item and judge it individually. I also uploaded the files to the DRD Team filespace, which I didn't know existed until now. :oops:

Brightmaps submission: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... ission.zip
Brightmaps zip: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... htmaps.zip

Tell me if there's anything wrong.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'll sticky this in the main forum since it can be useful as a resource.
As a feature suggestion it's still and will forever remain a 'no'.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

and if someone gave to you a done code working to gzdoom? it would be implemented?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Done code for what? This thread has been about brightmap resources. As I said, I'm fine with offering them as an alternative download - but I won't include them as part of the engine distribution.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Great stuff :D But I can't get the buttons with green and red lights to brighten up though :(
VGA

Post by VGA »

Meeh, I really don't understand this lights and brightmaps pk3s.

Well, the GzDoom release includes both files and I put them in global autoload. Now when the zombies fire their guns they light up the vicinity and themselves. What else can I do to improve stuff ? Are there better looking versions of these files ?
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

I've come to understand that some textures, like buttons, doesn't light up in custom wads. Even if they're using the stock textures the brightmaps won't work on them.
The enemy brightmaps works fine in every custom wad I've tried so far though...
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Since ZDoom is the only port with cumulative [wiki]TEXTUREx[/wiki] lumps; if a non-ZDoom mod contains new textures, it'll also usually contain a TEXTURE1 lump which will feature identical copies of all IWAD textures. So they may not be modified, but for the engine, they are not defined in the IWAD and are therefore modded textures.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Gez wrote:Since ZDoom is the only port with cumulative [wiki]TEXTUREx[/wiki] lumps; if a non-ZDoom mod contains new textures, it'll also usually contain a TEXTURE1 lump which will feature identical copies of all IWAD textures. So they may not be modified, but for the engine, they are not defined in the IWAD and are therefore modded textures.
This makes perfect sense to me :cheers:
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

But is there a way to somehow "lure" GZDoom into believing the textures is original?

Return to “GZDoom”