gzdoom 2.x branch doesn't work with QeffectsGL...

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

StefanMewa

gzdoom 2.x branch doesn't work with QeffectsGL...

Post by StefanMewa »

an opengl hack for bloom, emboss and other effects (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34585)
i understand that this compatibility is not your goal, so i just wanna know if i should say goodbye to this?
ps: version previous to 2.x works with it.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: gzdoom 2.x branch doesn't work with QeffectsGL...

Post by Tiger »

StefanMewa wrote:an opengl hack for bloom, emboss and other effects (http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34585)
i understand that this compatibility is not your goal, so i just wanna know if i should say goodbye to this?
ps: version previous to 2.x works with it.
Mostlikely, yes, say goodbye to it until someone updates the data file to support the latest version of GZDoom.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
StefanMewa

Post by StefanMewa »

Tiger wrote:
Mostlikely, yes
ok. thanks for reply.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

No, it doesn't work and it won't ever work.
QEffectsGL requires old style OpenGL, meaning no shaders, preferably no vertex buffers and doing everything with the fixed function pipeline. None of these things exist anymore in GZDoom 2.x which is 99.9% a modern core profile application - the only exception being that it uses immediate mode to render from CPU-side buffers because uploading those to the GPU as frequently as needed is not fast enough.
StefanMewa

Post by StefanMewa »

Graf Zahl wrote:No, it doesn't work and it won't ever work.
QEffectsGL requires old style OpenGL, meaning no shaders, preferably no vertex buffers and doing everything with the fixed function pipeline. None of these things exist anymore in GZDoom 2.x which is 99.9% a modern core profile application - the only exception being that it uses immediate mode to render from CPU-side buffers because uploading those to the GPU as frequently as needed is not fast enough.
that ends the issue, thanks for reply and for all your work.

Return to “GZDoom”