Change in config file naming

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Change in config file naming

Post by Graf Zahl »

Due to a recent change in ZDoom's versioning definitions the config file for GZDoom will now have to be named 'gzdoom-{user}.ini'.
If you have problems starting a new build you have to copy or rename the old version to make it work again.
Edward-san
Developer
Developer

Re: Change in config file naming

Post by Edward-san »

Now that I see this, I feel guilty for that change, since that could be done after releasing zdoom 2.8. Is it still okay for you?
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Heh, it confused me for a moment but I noticed the newly created gzdoom-username.ini file in my directory so it didn't take long to figure out what had happened. :)

As a matter of interest, the old behaviour was that if (g)zdoom found a file called zdoom.ini in its directory when a username ini didn't already exist, it would import any values in the zdoom.ini file when creating the username version. This seems to still work and it also seems to work with a file called zdoom.ini or gzdoom.ini (although my test was very quick and a bit rushed). I just wanted to check that this was indeed the case and that it was still regarded as an acceptable way to keep some "essential" settings for a quick restore if ever I need to nuke my username ini. Thanks.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I don't think it'll read 'zdoom.ini', since the 'zdoom' part which was formerly a string constant, has now been replaced with GAMENAME.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

OK, thanks. I'll just use gzdoom.ini with any GZDoom directories where I want to use this feature.

Return to “GZDoom”