Frame drops in Project Brutality on pc, but not on d-touch..

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

SpencerSDH

Frame drops in Project Brutality on pc, but not on d-touch..

Post by SpencerSDH »

I'm getting massive crippling frame drops whenever I fire guns with tons of effects. it doesn't seem like a performance issue, as the game never loses frames outside of these occurrences. It happens when running the mod through gzdoom on my pc. However, when running the game on my Nvidia Shield k1 through D-touch, there are no frame drops when firing the same guns that caused the issue on my pc. The game certainly slows down when plenty of stuff is going on, but the framerate doesn't tank like it does on my pc.
I ran Nvidia Inspector to see if anything was changing during those moments and it shows that my gpu usage drops immensely whenever the frame drops occur.
What could possibly by choking my PC that doesn't seem to have any effect on my tablet?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Frame drops in Project Brutality on pc, but not on d-tou

Post by Graf Zahl »

Hard to say. What's your system specs. CPU and graphics card would be the most important pieces of info.
SpencerSDH

Post by SpencerSDH »

Graf Zahl wrote:Hard to say. What's your system specs. CPU and graphics card would be the most important pieces of info.
GTX 870M
i7-4810MQ
Mecheye Temp

Post by Mecheye Temp »

Bump.

I'm having the same issues as OP. Massive frame drops when using the M2 plasma gun, multiple exploding barrels (Fire effects and many particles?) and sometimes general very wide open spaces.

Running:
Latest GZdoom (as of 2/28/16)
Latest ZDL Launcher (as of 2/28/16)
Proj. Brutality v2.03
8 gigs ram
i7 2600
nVidia GTX 560 Ti
OpenGL 4.4

Turning off OpenGL a\to use software rendering by using the console (vid_renderer 0) stops the lag, but makes the game look like crap. I'd rather have it look pretty!

Any help in the matter will be greatly appreciated!
Mecheye Temp

Post by Mecheye Temp »

Can't edit since I can't register. Site refuses to send me a verification email. ANYWAY:

EDIT: I switched to Zandorum 3.0 (Beta build) and my lag issues went away. So try that if nothing else works.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I cannot reproduce this. So what I need:

- which weapon are you using?
- what map should I use?

Also, please give the PRECISE version number that's causing these problems.

Return to “GZDoom”