Problem with line activating door

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Camaxide

Problem with line activating door

Post by Camaxide »

I noticed today that some doors in some of my maps has stopped working - I noticed this when I couldn't get the same kind of door working when mapping today.
The doors in question are door_generic which use a key to open.
The "door" is a set of bars blocking the path - and in order to be able to activate it wherever you click (on or between bars) I use an activation line in front of all the bars (8 pixels in front of the bars) which then activate the bar by tag-nr.
This works in old Doom, ZDoom and also GZDoom upto version 2.0 - but both in 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 this seem to be broken?

The weird thing is that it seem that if I make a step in front of the activation line (lower) you can activate it while on that lower step - but not while you are on level with the trigger-line.

Hope this makes sense ^_^ should be very easy to reproduce =)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Problem with line activating door

Post by Graf Zahl »

What about ZDoom 2.8.x?
And please post a testable demo map.
Camaxide

Post by Camaxide »

You are right Graf, I must stop being lazy and start posting a test-map from the start - and also I didn't check with the new zdoom as I didnt think about that ^_^
Here is a test-map https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B14nij ... sp=sharing
But as you likely predicted its an error coming from zdoom, and zdoom 2.8.1 causes the same bug.
Versions from 2.7.1 seem to be working - which explains why also the older GZDoom versions work too =)
Camaxide

Post by Camaxide »

Linking to the thread that explains whats changed and how to work around it if you get into the same problem:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 19#p889919
stevem

Post by stevem »

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how to get to mapinfo to change the problem
Camaxide

Post by Camaxide »

stevem wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't understand how to get to mapinfo to change the problem
If you havent added any info into mapinfo - then it should not be a problem in there - be sure you havent toggled check height on the activation switch :)

Return to “GZDoom”