Looking down position after I load a game sometimes...

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

enio.revotko

Looking down position after I load a game sometimes...

Post by enio.revotko »

Hi :)
I have "always mouse look" on, sometimes when I load a game after I die using the trigger/use button (it quickly loads the last save game) it puts me on the looking down position, sometimes the same load loads fine, any idea why this happens?

I am using the latest GZDoom 2.1.1 on Windows 10, same problem on both 32 and 64 bit gzdoom, also same problem on gzdoom 2.0.05.

Thanks.
fr1dd

Re: Looking down position after I load a game sometimes...

Post by fr1dd »

enio.revotko wrote:Hi :)
I have "always mouse look" on, sometimes when I load a game after I die using the trigger/use button (it quickly loads the last save game) it puts me on the looking down position, sometimes the same load loads fine, any idea why this happens?

I am using the latest GZDoom 2.1.1 on Windows 10, same problem on both 32 and 64 bit gzdoom, also same problem on gzdoom 2.0.05.

Thanks.
If you move the mouse during the screen wipe after loading, the movement will registered and applied when the screen wipe is done. You can turn off the screen wipe feature in the display options menu to make GZDoom quickload as Half-Life for example.
enio.revotko

Post by enio.revotko »

I know what u mean, it's not unfortunately, I tested and it happens without even moving my mouse after load, the looking down position doesn't happen after screen wipe is done, but it's as if I saved while looking down (the moment I load after I die, it's looking down), what keeps me wondering is that the same load works fine sometimes. Anyway I am still investigating and I think the problem happened when I used Plutonia and made new saves there along with my doom 2 saves, will report back if I find a fix. :) Thanks for the response.
enio.revotko

Post by enio.revotko »

I tried to disable the screen wipe, so far so good, even tho I've been playing for 5 years with it enabled without any problem, thanks so much anyway. Will keep you updated if anything happens.

Return to “GZDoom”