GzDoom and Hi-Res Sprites

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

aivar242

GzDoom and Hi-Res Sprites

Post by aivar242 »

I have some Hi-Res sprites I would like to put to work in the port GzDoom. I tried to do it in a few hours changing the folder in which I put them - Sprites / Patches / Graphics. It did not help. Is it possible at all to do, or the port does not support Hi-Res Sprites?
Blue Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: GzDoom and Hi-Res Sprites

Post by Blue Shadow »

Put them in the hires directory.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

I did it but it still does not work. In other ports these sprites are working without problems.
Maybe some kind of option to port GZDoom off?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You need to give more info. What did you try precisely? If done right this should work.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

I put Hi-Res sprite POS1A0 of Doom in the "Patches" folder, which I created in the port. I do not have this option did not work. Then I decided to create "Sprites" folder in which I put the same Hi-Res sprite - is not working. Then I do not know what to do ...
The menu options Open GL -> Textures options, all Hi-Res items enabled.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You have to put the normal sized sprite in 'sprites' and the hires version in 'hires', not 'patches'.

The options in the menu only affect external texture packs, the 'hires' folder is automatic.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

I tried to do so - does not work. You can try to run my port. Maybe then the problem becomes clearer. There is one saving just near the consumer affairs this sprite: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/E41H/7HPXFtC9n
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

If I create a path HIRES/SPRITES/ and prescribe it in the setting file in Global.Autoload then nothing works. But if I compress the folder into a ZIP and mount it in the setting file Path=SPRITES.ZIP then everything works.
But it is strange that all other resources safely work from my folder where the texture files music sound and sprites can only work from the archive.
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

How to make that TITLEPIC.png file run only with his WAD?
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

I answer to my own question. It is necessary to the desired file which will be connected to the WAD set the path in the configuration in [doom.Autoload].
aivar242

Post by aivar242 »

The question still remains topical - How to make GZDoom port see Hi-Res sprites? The best option would be for the Hi-Res sprites to be just in the Sprites folder or Patches at the root of the port.

At the moment this method does not work. It does not work at all in a convenient way: - Sprite should be placed in the Hires folder, then packed into the Sprites.pk3 archive, which you need to connect in the configuration ini file.
Can someone do differently? Write here.

Return to “GZDoom”