[QUESTION]What's happening with x32 builds of GZDoom on devbuilds site?

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Ozymandias81

[QUESTION]What's happening with x32 builds of GZDoom on devbuilds site?

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ok I noticed that since gzdoom build 2.2pre-2123-g8b7a87f there are no more 32 bit builds and I don't have a 64 bit OS... So what's going on? Thanks in advance.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: [QUESTION]What's happening with x32 builds of GZDoom on devbuilds site?

Post by Gez »

Blzut's automated building setup is currently broken for ZDoom/GZDoom builds (some issue with configuring a DX SDK I think). Eruanna volunteered to cover up in the mean time but she doesn't have an automated set up and doing both 32bit and 64bit builds would be twice as much work.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Gez pretty much nailed it.
Major Cooke
Developer
Developer

Post by Major Cooke »

Perhaps doing just 32 bit builds then for everyone? That way it's accessible for all at least.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Want to volunteer?

I use 64-bit for my development. I am only doing this to shore up the absence of automated builds. As you may notice, I don't even include OpenAL or FluidSynth support - something that, in my opinion, probably should be in the dev builds.

These builds are coming out of my development environment pretty much as-is. If someone wants to do some building to share with others, that would be really great. Otherwise, it's just a task I run at night while I do other things before I go to bed. I don't even have proper batch files set up for it, it's all done completely manually.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Then I hope this automated build thing will be sorted soon 'cause I am stitched to r2123 for now, and this would be a problem considering that I am involved onto Blade of Agony development so deeply...
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

It seems the automated builds are handling ZDoom just fine right now, however it is bugged out on GZDoom still.

You'll have to contact Blzut3. He's the one who runs the system/setup that does the whole thing every night. He's the only one who can figure out what's wrong with it.

EDIT: https://github.com/alexey-lysiuk/gzdoom ... aa_test.7z - Use this, for now.

It's the FXAA test build by _mental_ - it should help you for now, it is considerably ahead the latest 32-bit devbuilds at the moment. It should have the other features at least up to yesterday when it was built.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Thanks a lot Eruanna, gonna try this one in a min!

[EDIT]: Yes, it works good, thanks! I noticed that just a couple of things are missed but they are not exactly important (dyn lights size and console font size), for the rest everything seems to be there. 8)
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Good. :) I'll poke Blzut to see what's up with the GZDoom stuff.

Graf already told me what happened. Blzut's environment still uses older SDK's, which didn't go well with the recent CMake changes which have yet to be reverted on GZDoom's master branch.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Ozymandias81 wrote:I noticed that just a couple of things are missed but they are not exactly important (dyn lights size
That option and a few other ones allowing the end user to configure the lights were removed. Since these options were on the user side of things they were pretty useless, not to say dangerous.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Uhm... It's a pity because with customizable dynsize I had some good performance improvement, I must say.
For example I usually set them at 0.8 instead of 1.0, but only while not modding though (just to keep things as default in order to understand how it will be for all players). I gain usually 5/8 fps this way, especially on Blade of Agony or Gore for instance.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

What hardware do you have?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Graf Zahl wrote:What hardware do you have?

Return to “GZDoom”