Screenshot Discussion Thread

Advanced OpenGL source port fork from ZDoom, picking up where ZDoomGL left off.
[Home] [Download] [Git builds (Win)] [Git builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo] [Bugs&Suggestions]

Moderator: Graf Zahl

TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

The second screen is definitely more SH than Doom 3. Nice work.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Now I'm more motivated to work. Who cares about lack of sleep!? Hehehe... BTW Graf thanks for your help with the models. They really mean a lot to me and this project. Stay tuned for model screenshots...
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

NMN's latest screenshot = WIN.

The fog and the skybox are simply BEAUTIFUL! Without the status bar and the low-res weapon sprite, it could easily look like it came from another game!
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Paul wrote:Enjay's Operation Overlord with a new skybox (that I just made) and a fog, creating a morning atmosphere.[/img]
Very nice. :thumb: Don't suppose you could see your way to giving me a copy could you? Even if it's just the Skybox graphics and a few details on how you did the fog (colour, scripted or mapinfo, that kind of thing).
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Amazing how such a little change can have such a significant impact on the visual appearance.
NecroMage

Post by NecroMage »

Paul wrote:Enjay's Operation Overlord with a new skybox (that I just made) and a fog, creating a morning atmosphere.[/img]
You sir, win (he also got some bonus points for being the first person to post a screen shot that is bright enough that I can actually see).
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Thanks guys :) I wanted to make it feel a bit more like D-Day from MOH. I'll upload the map with changes. I really haven't done much aside from new skybox. The fog was done with
"Testfade lightsteelblue"
in the console without the quotes. Oh, the skybox is 512x512. The performance is slightly decreased because of that :(
Deamonic

Post by Deamonic »

nash: that screenshot looks AWESOME! are you doing something like a SH total conversion? because i REALLY wanted to do a SH TC, but im not that good at mapping. especially outdoor mapping which would be required for a SH TC.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Deamonic: Thanks. Well the plot was written by myself (true story related to someone very close to me, in fact), but I'm not sure if I want it to be part of the Silent Hill world. When this project started, I did plan it to be a Silent Hill TC but I figured that I'd better come up with my own storyline.

The problem is, no matter how I approach it, it will end up being labelled as a "Silent Hill rip off" so much that I might as well name it Silent Hill...

Anyway, it's still too early to say. Thanks for your interest.
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Ooh, me likes the whole Silent Hill thing... Though, about the editted screenshot with the noise filter... In theory, couldn't you just use a semi-transparent paletted .png, and have it as a hudmessage or something over the whole screen? That way, the effect would be ingame, too. I think.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Oww.. I really like Nash's horror mod :) Makes me wanna go back to Haze ;) With Gzdoom I could create much better architecture than anything I could do with ZDoom back then.

Enjay's reflective floors are also grrrreat.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Thanks for the nice comments, Beta and NMN.

Beta, the problem is hud messages cannot be semi-transparent... I really like the noise effect. I had an idea that the closer you get to the monsters, the heavier the noise will seem. It's like the presence of evil is so strong, the player starts to feel fuzzy and all. Hehehe...
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Darn, sucks that hudmessages can't be transparent... Hmm... Though if a .png had the transparency already in it, would it work, possibly? Or still no good?
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

How do I save a PNG with transparency information?
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

In PSP you use the optimization wizard when saving the image... In other applications, I don't know.

Return to “GZDoom”