News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

funduke

Post by funduke »

In v. 1.0.10, i encounter in some levels a bot, that behaves like a coop helper bot. I haven't seen something like that before. I don't know, what i did, to make this appear. I didn't spawn it with 'addbot' in the console and wasn't in the deathmatch mode at all.
It appears to be cool, but what's going on?
Can this be enabled / disabled intentionally?

Greetings
Funduke
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

You don't have a key bound to "addbot" you may have hit by accident do you? I have A bound to addbot and sometimes if I mess up typing idfa (etc) I find a bot running around a level.
funduke

Post by funduke »

Enjay wrote:You don't have a key bound to "addbot" you may have hit by accident do you?
Maybe.
Enjay wrote:I have A bound to addbot and sometimes if I mess up typing idfa (etc) I find a bot running around a level.
At least, i'm not alone. :)

I will have a very deep look in my key configuration.

Strange thing is, that that bot acts like coop team member and fights against monsters instead against me. Very cool.

Greetings
Funduke
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

funduke wrote:Strange thing is, that that bot acts like coop team member and fights against monsters instead against me. Very cool.
Which, of course, is exactly what they are supposed to do unless you started the game using -deathmatch :)

Return to “News”