News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I've tried installing the 84.21 drivers that Enjay mentioned in the other thread but GZDoom STILL won't start.

I'm uninstalling and installing the drivers the proper way - un-install current drivers, restart Windows, install newer (or older) driver, restart Windows.

This is starting to get very frustrating. Other GL games work!
solarsnowfall
Persecution Complex

Post by solarsnowfall »

Looks like 1.0.18 is already up.
Eriance

Post by Eriance »

I'm having the same issues as few of the other people here. It doesnt even go to the title screena dn it just shuts off. Where can I find the oder versions of Gzdoom? I'm looking for v. 1.0.10 (which was the one I was using before) Hopefully the crash issue of 1.0.17 will be fixed.
J-Dub

Post by J-Dub »

Whats been done in 1.0.18?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

One minor fix for old graphics cards. If 1.0.17 works for you there's no reason to upgrade.
Eriance

Post by Eriance »

Yeah. 1.0.18 works. Did anyone ever update ZDoom Wiki to encompass the new decorate and acs commands? Cuz i cant thind the A_RadiusThrust in wiki.
disturbedite

Post by disturbedite »

i didn't grab 1.0.17 but i did grab 1.0.18 cuz i have an older crappy intel 845g video chip. (yeah laugh) and it works fine.

@graf i see you included the fmod 3.7.5 dll. thanks. now i won't have to remember not to overwrite the version i have.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Before anyone asks, there won't be an update for ZDoom 2.1.4. The bug which was the main reason for this release is already fixed in GZDoom 1.0.18.
J-Dub

Post by J-Dub »

Theres not any real features added in 2.1.4 anyway. In 2.1.3 there was actor replacement which alone was worth upgrading for. I was going to ask about updating to 2.1.3 because of that but I saw somebody had already beat me to it.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

J-Dub wrote:Theres not any real features added in 2.1.4 anyway. In 2.1.3 there was actor replacement which alone was worth upgrading for. I was going to ask about updating to 2.1.3 because of that but I saw somebody had already beat me to it.
The actor replacement was in 2.1.2. However, 2.1.2 had a serious bug in it so it ws shortly replaced by 2.1.3:
Randy wrote: Changes

* Sounds can be specified by full path now in SNDINFO and S_SKIN.
* Decorate replacement is more universal.
* Added NecroMage's submission for bitwise/shift assignment operators for ACS. (Requires ACC 1.42.)
* Changed PlayAttacking2 to always use the melee state instead of different implementations per player and hard coding it to MissileState+1. Also changed PlayAttacking for the HereticPlayer to use the same animation as PlayAttacking2. Now the special handling for Heretic in the FireWeapon functions can be removed.

Fixes

* Due to the player class inclusion A_NoBlocking never called NoBlockingSet for monsters.
* PlayerStartItem created a duplicate of the item's class name before converting it into an FName.
* When a non-player tried to play a player sound it tried to access the actor object as a PlayerPawn.
* The check for no skill menu was incorrect when a custom player class menu was present so instead of starting the game specific skill menu it always started Hexen's.
* S_ClearSoundData cleared PlayerClasses instead of PlayerClassLookups.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

And 2.1.3 had another serious bug which resulted in 2.1.4.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I know: That bug stopped by ZDCMP1 progress in my tracks.

Return to “News”