1.0.19 finally released

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

lemonzest

Post by lemonzest »

so why have these problems only cropped up now with 1.0.19/a is it anything to do with this? "Added support for scaled textures to DCanvas::DrawTexture."
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

DoomWarrior wrote:Not to be rude
DoomWarrior wrote:how the fuck
DoomWarrior wrote:again not to be rude
DoomWarrior wrote:you seem to be lying
Ummm.... how would you define being rude then? :?

In my experience, when someone says "not to be rude" or something like "with the greatest of respect" it's just a signal that they are about to be rude or disrespectful. Your post doesn't seem to do anything to break that rule.
CSonicGo

Post by CSonicGo »

deleted for moronic content
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

lemonzest wrote:so why have these problems only cropped up now with 1.0.19/a is it anything to do with this? "Added support for scaled textures to DCanvas::DrawTexture."
It has nothing to do with that. The change you list is just a minor change to the internal handling of texture sizes that has no effect on anything hardware dependent. But since I have rewritten almost half the texture management code it's most likely that some bug slipped in that makes ATIs driver explode.

Post by Alter »

Graf Zahl wrote:
lemonzest wrote:so why have these problems only cropped up now with 1.0.19/a is it anything to do with this? "Added support for scaled textures to DCanvas::DrawTexture."
It has nothing to do with that. The change you list is just a minor change to the internal handling of texture sizes that has no effect on anything hardware dependent. But since I have rewritten almost half the texture management code it's most likely that some bug slipped in that makes ATIs driver explode.
Now that makes sense why this crap is happening! :) most important thing about 1.0.19a is fixed dynamics light problem finally
lemonzest

Post by lemonzest »

Any chance of a new test build then? to see if these bugs have been fixed?
CSonicGo

Post by CSonicGo »

Yes, a new test build would be great.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

lemonzest wrote:Any chance of a new test build then? to see if these bugs have been fixed?
There's nothing to test because I didn't have the time to change anything. Since I am quite busy with work the next few days don't expect anything until next weekend.
lemonzest

Post by lemonzest »

/me Cries
CSonicGo

Post by CSonicGo »

Well, it was worth a shot.
DoomWarrior

Post by DoomWarrior »

I still get that weird dynamic lights with the test version, and when i shoot on the wall it lights up and goes all fuzzy :?
Vren Lyet

Post by Vren Lyet »

Hey guys, would you please calm down a bit and practice some patience?

Give the man (Graf Zahl) some credit!

We all know now that version 1.0.19(a) has some issues and some of us hopefully have helped to locate the problem. Now let the man fix it on his own time!

Everyone has version 1.0.18 which works fine - so for the time being stick with that!

I can't understand how some people here kind of "demand" to have a new working version "right now"...something's totally out of ballance here!

@Graf Zahl: when you're ready to release another test version I'd be happy to try it. Till then take your time.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Vren Lyet wrote:I can't understand how some people here kind of "demand" to have a new working version "right now"...something's totally out of ballance here!

@Graf Zahl: when you're ready to release another test version I'd be happy to try it. Till then take your time.
Quite right.

Return to “News”