1.0.19 finally released

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

1.0.19 finally released

Post by Graf Zahl »

At last I was able to merge all the latest ZDoom changes into GZDoom and make the necessary adjustments to make it all work with the OpenGL renderer.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Great news :)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Please note that I had to reupload the source because the JPEG library was missing
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Guess it's about time I updated from *checks* 1.0.16!? Ha, wow, I'm slow on these updates...

EDIT: Says here I'm d/l'ing 1.0.18. Is this just a naming error, or have you got the wrong version up for d/l?
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Rename the 18 to 19 in the url, otherwise, wait for Graf to update the link.

Post by Alter »

Awesome news! :D
lemonzest

Post by lemonzest »

anyone else getting screwed up lighting? and black lines around the menu graphics? and the Status Bar (Anything really that's been resized). When i fire ANY gun it makes strange patterns on the walls, and things that have dynmic lights seam to make patterns on the floor changing in intensity (fading then brightining) Also, the resolution Graphics in the Video menu is all messed up, only the current selected resolution is displayed correctly, the other words like 800x600 etc are all messed up funny colours.
Attachments
DOOM0002.jpg
DOOM0002.jpg (136.46 KiB) Viewed 8090 times
Last edited by lemonzest on Sat Sep 09, 2006 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Alter »

This is also happening to me WTF is with this version i must go back to 1.0.18 :( 1.0.18 worked fine
lemonzest

Post by lemonzest »

/me waits for 1.0.20
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I don't have any of these problems so there's no way to find out what is wrong.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

lemonzest wrote:anyone else getting screwed up lighting? and black lines around the menu graphics? and the Status Bar (Anything really that's been resized). When i fire ANY gun it makes strange patterns on the walls, and things that have dynmic lights seam to make patterns on the floor changing in intensity (fading then brightining) Also, the resolution Graphics in the Video menu is all messed up, only the current selected resolution is displayed correctly, the other words like 800x600 etc are all messed up funny colours.
Me too, though not with status bar and weapons (though the status bar scale/position/hom problem is still there, inherited from ZDoom) and also lots of yellow dots (same size as the white dots you often get on GL systems) on the floor when using menu (doesn't happen in 1.0.18 ). Even happens if using QUALITY instead of SPEED.

@Lemonzest and Alterworldruler: what GFX card do you have? Mine is an ATI Radeon 7500 mobile - nearly 4 years old but worked fine until this version.

Post by Alter »

ATI Radeon 9600 XT something's fusked up in dynamics light code for ati cards
lemonzest

Post by lemonzest »

ATi Radeon X800XT, Lighting and Scaling problems only in this version, had a problem like this in a Quake2 Engine, it happend when they combined all the textures into a common scrap texture to use less space but it introduced Black Lines around the scaled images.
Attachments
Menu.jpg
Menu.jpg (80.51 KiB) Viewed 8043 times
title.jpg
title.jpg (89.94 KiB) Viewed 8043 times
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

alterworldruler wrote:ATI Radeon 9600 XT something's fusked up in dynamics light code for ati cards
Sod ATI; they've caused so much trouble already and now this! A L I E N burst their guts; may there be a pox on them, their children, their childrens' children and their dog!

:plasma: ATI :sniper:

Since my machine is a mobile, got no chance of upgrading the GFX; however, ATI can be certain of one thing: Kapok/Clevo usually offer both ATI and nVidia cards in their laptops - guess which one WON'T be in the next machine I buy :evil:

Post by Alter »

Darn it... I'm going back to 1.0.18 because 1.0.19 makes my project unplayable without dynamic lights!

Return to “News”