News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Celebrating the new ZDoom release with an update. ;)
Kate

Post by Kate »

Makes me wonder what'll happen if we get up to 1.1.1 or zdoom gets up to 2.2.2...Anyway thanks massively for the update. =)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Indeed, thank you kindly. :)

I'm not sure the best way to update the source for my own edited version that I've been messing with is though. When I use tortoiseSVN to update for me (by right-clicking and picking SVN update) I get a new folder called tags with a complete version of the 1.1.0 source in it. My trunk folder with my edited source is untouched. With previous updates, tortoise SVN updated my trunk folder and merged in my changes. Any idea how I can make this happen for the new release? Or do I have to go through and edit the 1.1.0 files manually? (surely not)

(My guess is that I'm making a basic mis-understanding somewhere BTW.)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

When did you update last? There were a few minutes between the 2.2.0 updated and the 1.1.0 tag.

In any case, the trunk should have been updated as always but there were only minimal changes.

When updating you should do that inside the trunk so that you don't get the release snapshots.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

My last update before r23 was for r20. I didn't update when r22 came on line. By the time I noticed it, r23 was up too. I see that my trunk as well as the tags folder were updated and my compile from my trunk folder does identify itself as 1.1.0 when I run it. As I recall, 5 files were updated/added to the trunk when I updated. As far as I can tell, there is effectively no difference between the contents of the trunk files at r22 and the tags at r23. Is that correct?

I'll do things inside the trunk from now on though. To be honest, I wasn't sure how things worked so I just stuck with a system that gave me what I wanted up to this point (right clicking on the folder that I'd put everything in and updating). I didn't know what would happen if I started going further into the directory structure and trying to update from there. then a new folder (tags) appeared and confused me. :)

I think it's just me not being familiar with the terms. So that I understand the protocol: am I right in saying that the trunk will continue to be the up-to date "working" files (i.e. the ones that you are working on rather than the ones that necessarily work) that you use for interim SVN updates and the tags folder only ever contains snapshots of official releases?
RazTK

Post by RazTK »

r21 is where the files were updated. r22 and r23 didn't contain any updates to the source (and that's why my latest build is r21 and not r22/r23). I suspect Graf changed some settings on the server after r21.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

r22 was to create the tags directory and r23 was the actual 1.1.0 tag. Both actions required a new revision.
RazTK

Post by RazTK »

Graf Zahl wrote:r22 was to create the tags directory and r23 was the actual 1.1.0 tag. Both actions required a new revision.
Understood. Thanks for the clarification. :)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I was just going by what tortoise SVN was telling me. It said that trunk was r22 and tags was r23. Indeed, thanks for the clarification.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Yay, been waiting for a new release. :D
MR_ROCKET

Post by MR_ROCKET »

Awesome thanks! ;)
Karate Chris

Post by Karate Chris »

Nice work. We just need to hope the Randy releases ZDoom builds faster. :wink:
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yay!
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Boy! I haven't been here in a while! Time to celebreate with this release (albeit I'm a few days late)

Return to “News”