News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

v0.9.5!

Post by Graf Zahl »

The new version is out!

The most important addition is FraggleScript so have fun to play some Legacy WADs with it.

Go to the Downloads section to ge it!

Edit: 0.9.5 is out! This fixes the first round of FraggleScript bugs I got reported.
Last edited by Graf Zahl on Sun Sep 11, 2005 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

heh... 0.9.4... Released at 4:44... heh... Get it? No? Darn.

Anyways, you just had to go releasing it when I can't test it out. Well, I guess I have reason to get up earlier tomorrow :wink:
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

No. For me it was 12:44 so absolutely no intention there. :P
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

I can not run it at all. I was able to set it to Software mode through the menu but the thing is that you took out the auto-revert code that was in 9.2. With out that code GZDooM does not default to Software mode at all upon startup. I know you like and revere OpenGL but please be aware that not everyone has a 3D card. The port sadley defaulted back to OpenGL after I exited it. I was looking forward to trying High Tech Hell 2.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You couldn't play that with software mode anyway. The 3D-floors are only visible in OpenGL.
I didn't take out the auto-revert. I only relaxed the conditions for successful initialization. If it gets an accelerated OpenGL context it will use that. This was necessary to make it work on older cards that can handle OpenGL but not all the features I originally requested.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Graf Zahl wrote:You couldn't play that with software mode anyway. The 3D-floors are only visible in OpenGL.
I didn't take out the auto-revert. I only relaxed the conditions for successful initialization. If it gets an accelerated OpenGL context it will use that. This was necessary to make it work on older cards that can handle OpenGL but not all the features I originally requested.
So they're just invisible on software mode? Heck i'm keeping away from that then.

Return to “News”