v 0.9.9

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The speed does indeed need adjustment. About the toggle, I don't like it as the only option. Having to hold down a key makes the game nearly uncontrollable when you want to move ant shoot while being crouched. Maybe a second option?
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Perhaps 2 separate commands "crouch" as it is and "duck" - a non-sticky (possibly quicker) version?
Last edited by Enjay on Sat Oct 08, 2005 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I think giving the user either two seperate keys, as Enjay suggested, or having an option in the menu to switch between toggled and untoggled would be best. Anyway, I think this is the first version of GZDoom I'm going to test out. :)

Edit: What about a speed slider for crouching? At the lowest setting, the speed of crouching would be the default, which might be a quick drop or a medium one. On the highest setting, you would crouch instantly.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

A toggle command is fine. You can always make a hold version using keybindings:
Alias +crouch (insert command for crouching here)
Alias -crouch (insert command for crouching here)

I am assuming that a toggle means that you press the button once and it crouches, then press it again and it goes back up.
NecroMage

Post by NecroMage »

Nuxius wrote:
This goes double for editors, especially DeePsea (not starting any rants here though).
It stole my wad file associations, without even asking! Argh!@#$#$&*!!! Heh. (thank goodness I know my way around Windows and was able to take them back)
I can't figure it out yet but it annoyed the hell out of me when it did (I run windows 98).

Return to “News”