GZDoom 1.5.2 released

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Woolie Wool

Re: GZDoom 1.5.2 released

Post by Woolie Wool »

There were no error messages. I managed to figure out how to load a large soundfont into the hardware synth by allowing it to use system memory, but no matter what my settings are it will always use the default set of sound banks my sound card comes with, not Windows' softsynth, not fluid_patchset, and not necessarily what the sound card is actually using. I think the "out of the box mode" (auto-detecting the soundfont in your card's ROM) is overriding fluid_patchset.
gravitar

Post by gravitar »

Hi,

fluidsynth doesn't run for me either (no music at all), timidity does though. The errormessages are:
"could not load fluidsynth.dll" (it is in the gzd folder)
"could not open midi out device"

- I have tried setting the fluid_patchset cvar through console or through the ini
- tried several different soundfonts like WeedsGM3.sf2
(but apparently it's the dll and not the soundfont)

The wiki says:
on Windows it will look for CT4MGM.SF2 and CT2MGM.SF2 in the system directory...If you do not have any sound font pre-installed by your OS or your sound drivers, you will need to download one.
I have a SB live running with default OS (XP) drivers, so I downloaded the two sf2, but the error msg is the same with or without them in the win\system directory.

Any help would be great and thanks for the update.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

If it says it cannot load fluidsynth.dll, then it cannot load it, for some reason. The patch set will not change anything.

You'll probably have a greater chance of getting help on the ZDoom forum. If it doesn't work in GZDoom, then it probably doesn't work either in ZDoom. And since it's Randy who implemented the fluidsynth code as well as compiled that dll, he's the person the most likely to be able to help you, but he doesn't post here.
gravitar

Post by gravitar »

Ok I thought it was Graf's work (don't use the software renderer though). Thanks.
Woolie Wool

Post by Woolie Wool »

gravitar wrote:Hi,
The wiki says:
on Windows it will look for CT4MGM.SF2 and CT2MGM.SF2 in the system directory...If you do not have any sound font pre-installed by your OS or your sound drivers, you will need to download one.
Deleting these files actually made FluidSynth recognize my external soundfonts.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

That was because of a bug that I found a few days ago, and that is fixed in recent SVN builds.

Return to “News”