GZDoom 1.8.6 released

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

GZDoom 1.8.6 released

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is just a bugfix release that addresses one critical issue with loading of 7z files.

The complete list of changes from 1.8.5:

* 7z loader could crash on some files due to memory corruption while converting lump names
* fixed a problem with using Thing_Raise on monsters using the 'canraise' state flag.
* made interpolation of angle changes via ACS and DECORATE an opt-in feature instead of forcing it unconditionally, restoring default behavior to what it was before 1.8.5.
Last edited by Graf Zahl on Fri Dec 04, 2015 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Ovrki1

Re: GZDoom 1.8.6 released

Post by Ovrki1 »

The download here is 5,279,744 bytes in size while a current development build is 5,607,424 bytes in size. Additionally, the newest development build took the "licences" ZIP file and turned it into "glew32" DLL file. I assume you haven't listed the newest build because it either wasn't hardly a change from 1.8.6 or those others aren't official.

p.s. Seems to be rather old too. http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom/download.html
Blue Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Blue Shadow »

Ovrki1 wrote:The download here is 5,279,744 bytes in size while a current development build is 5,607,424 bytes in size.
What's the issue, here?
the newest development build took the "licences" ZIP file and turned it into "glew32" DLL file.
Through the four or five years that I've been using the port, what I noticed is that the license is only bundled with the official releases, not with the development builds.

The glew32.dll is new added library that hasn't seen an official release yet.
I assume you haven't listed the newest build because it either wasn't hardly a change from 1.8.6 or those others aren't official.

p.s. Seems to be rather old too. http://www.osnanet.de/c.oelckers/gzdoom/download.html
No, it's because Graf cannot access his webspace anymore.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Blue Shadow wrote:
Ovrki1 wrote:The download here is 5,279,744 bytes in size while a current development build is 5,607,424 bytes in size.
What's the issue, here?

Nothing. The size change may have two reasons: Different compiler being used and addition of glew32.dll. Of course that makes it larger.
Zhadoom

Post by Zhadoom »

Many thanks! Great work! :D
inukaze

Post by inukaze »

Where i can download the Source of GZDoom 1.8.6 for Manual Compile
or Precompiled version for GNU/Linux of 32 Bits & 64 Bits, please ???
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You can find it in the git repo. Look for a tag named 'g1.8.6'.

Return to “News”