News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Zhadoom

Re: GZDoom 2.1.1 and 1.9.1 released

Post by Zhadoom »

Hi Graf! :-)

Thanks for your support so far.
I made some more tests and found out the following:

If I created a simple new test map with reflective floor and an additive light over it, the GT315 DOES WELL with 2.2pre-1876. (No matter whether gl3 option is switched on or off)

If 2.2pre-1876 is run WITH gl3 option on the GTX750 DOES slow down on my existing maps (not on the new test map).
Now, if I remove all things from the existing map and thereafter just add one single additive light above the reflective water, the GTX750 slows down again.
Without the gl3 option the map works fine.

Can it be the case, the map is too complex? The felective area is large, there are several linedefs around it, and alltogether it has around 1700 sectors.

Does it make sense to send you the map without customised resources? (The file would be several MB when adding the required resources to it.)

Suggestion: Wouldn't it be a simple solution to let reflectiveness be switched off via the options menu in GZDoom? :-)

Once again: Big thanks, Mr. Graf!

zhd
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You can send me the map without textures, although having them present would make debugging a bit easier if not everything looks like a checkerboard.
Zhadoom

Post by Zhadoom »

Oh, its too big to upload...

Anyway, I found how to deactivate planereflection. So the 2.2pre ports work fine on the GT315 just without planereflection. ;-)

Plus, I found out the following. When using the node viewer plugin in GZDB I recognised this:
When opening the map in 2.2pre on the GTX750 WITH glversion 3 switch on the map slows down around the light, as mentioned before. Now, the downslowing appears as follows. It seems that only single seg splits a brightend by the dynamic light (above the reflective floor), while others at the same time are dark. When I move a little bit other seg splits become bright, while the ones which were bright earlier now become dark. Just before such a change in brightness the game is slow for a fraction of a second.
On the GT315 I guess it's too much work at a time so it gets stuck.

Again, when starting without the glversion 3 switch on the GTX750 everything is fine.
Thus, it seems to have to do something with seg splits and gl3.
Could it be the way the map is built by zdbsp? I use the UDMF standard settings in GZDB.

Kind regards
zhd
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I need the map. Otherwise I can't do anything.
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

hi everyone i was here some time ago asking for help to run gzdoom 1.9.1 and i found it, i was able to use gzdoom 1.9.1 with no issues, but now i saw that 1.x version are no longer available so i have to use 2.2.0 version but i get the classic "opengl driver not accelerated" when used, last time i was able to get past this using a file called wtfi.exe that moderators gave me, so i want to ask if there is another file like that for 2.2.0 or 1.9.1 is as far as i can go with my current laptop?
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Your existing wtfi.exe doesn't work on GZDoom already?
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

Eruanna wrote:Your existing wtfi.exe doesn't work on GZDoom already?
nevermind i got it working now, my bad (slap in my face), as you said the file worked like a charm with 2.2.0

at first it didn't work because i had 1.9.1, 2.2.0 and game files in separate folders, since i didn't repeat the process i used with 1.9.1 for 2.2.0 folder i couldn't use it, but now i have everything runnig great thanks anyway Eruanna, and have a nice day
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

You're welcome.
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

hi its me again two weird things happen when fully testing out 2.2.0 (i talked too soon wen i said everything was fine, but in my defense i'll say i came across these problems after going through a whole level, my initial report was before playing)

1) some crosshairs included with pb (any after number 5 to be precise) cause a green rectangle to appear in the screen where crosshair is supposed to be, you can still see the crosshair but green is totally opaque, limiting your vision quite a lot.

2) when aimin at certain surfaces they turn comlpetely black, they return to normal under these circunstances, an enemy shoots or comes in direct contac with that surface, you aim at someplace else, sometimes when you pick all items close to the surface it return to normal and others time not

aside that all mechanics works as intended since i tried multiple scenarios and game didn't crashed so far, i'll keep making tests to be 100% sure there aren't any more bugs and report back if something new happens, so any idea of what could it cause this and how to fix it?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

What graphics hardware do you use?
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

integrated intel hd graphics 1gb card for 1st gen i3 core, do you need a detailed report?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

What GL version does it report?
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

hi graf i've isolated the cause of black surfaces, is an addon made by saegiru called fog effects i remove it and that solved the problem, but i still got the crosshair issue, for now am using numbre 5 (circle) but anything from beyond 7 has the color rectangle issue, though now is orange, anyway this is a screen capture of gl version and one question how do i change console font? is too big now, 1.9.1 had a smaller one and was better that way

edit: sorry for all errors in my first post i was in a rush and typed everything as fast as i could, for some reason image didn't got attached so the point is that report says gl version is 2.1.0, i'm talking with saegiru to find a solution for fog issue, but i need help with the other stuff i mentioned thanks for your time
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

hi everyone i have a new problem with 2.2.0 when playing pb 2.03a with project brutality overhaul if i pick up a carnage sphere (special pick up from pbo) all my screen turns completely black while sphere's effect is active
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

If you have technical issues, please post those in the proper forum. Here this stuff will just get lost.

Also, post your full hardware specs in any post there. Such issues which are most likely a screen blend rendered fully opaque are nearly always caused by some driver related problem.

Return to “News”