GZDoom 2.1.1 and 1.9.1 released

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: GZDoom 2.1.1 and 1.9.1 released

Post by Rachael »

Don't put "path" in the command. Also - since you have a space in "programas david" you should encapsulate the entire .exe path in quotation marks.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Renkoha\Documents\wtfi.exe "C:\Users\Renkoha\Documents\programas david\Doom\gzdoom-bin-1-9-1\gzdoom.exe"
Try this?
X Shaun X

Post by X Shaun X »

Can you tell me please why 2.1.1 and 1.9.1 launched at the same time?
I mean the 1.9.1 should be older imho... I don't really get it, imma noob ^^
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

Both versions have the same set of features but incorporate different OpenGL renderers. 1.x is for older hardware and 2.x is for newer.
X Shaun X

Post by X Shaun X »

Thank you very much =)
renkoha

Post by renkoha »

Eruanna wrote:Don't put "path" in the command. Also - since you have a space in "programas david" you should encapsulate the entire .exe path in quotation marks.

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Renkoha\Documents\wtfi.exe "C:\Users\Renkoha\Documents\programas david\Doom\gzdoom-bin-1-9-1\gzdoom.exe"
Try this?
THANKS A LOT!!!!

it worked like a charm, thank you i'm really grateful, now i can go back to play again with whatever i want, so off to rip and tear
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

You're welcome. Glad it helped.

Post by Guest »

hey I've had a problem with gzdoom instead of doom 2 it shows a black screen help out?
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Unfortunately - there's no way we can unless we know what kind of operating system and graphics card you have. There's no one-size-fits-all solution to the problem you've listed.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Eruanna wrote:I guess it's a toss-up, really.

I have never seen a GZDoom mod go above 200 mb. With mods that size, 64-bit will indeed offer no real benefit.

Then again, I haven't seen anyone try to port Fallout 4 to the GZDoom engine yet, either. Should any such attempt be made, I would never use the 32-bit version for it. ;)
I once tested a mod with the size of 1GB (and I could only download if from a torrent file), but yuck, it was like aeod 3D models edition...
Camaxide

Post by Camaxide »

I just realized that I had shared the wrong link back on page 3.. It's quite some time since I posted this but would love to hear if anything is updated on the fmodex front.

The correct link to the test-map with the choppy music is here: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B14nijPx ... t=download

Warning though as the file is just below 70mb

Simply run the file and start Map01 - listen for 20 seconds and you will for sure notice the hickups in the music. This happens in version 2.1.1 - but not in 2.1.0, which is why I still only play on 2.1.0
Since this was linked to the updated version of fmodex (from zdoom updating it) I guess it's not under gzdoom control really - but it would be nice to see if anyone might have a work around for this - or if there is a way to implement the old working fmodex into 2.1.1 and newer gzdoom.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Right now I feel more like ditching FMod altogether and use OpenAL Soft as the only sound backend. All recent FModEx versions had one serious problem or another and porting the code to FMod Studio to get in line with current development is not something I am going to invest time in. These guy break their ABI too frequently, it's really annoying.

Of course ZDoom will never go along with this, considering the irrational hate Randi has towards OpenAL in general - so we are going to suffer from this for somewhat longer because it means that problems in the OpenAL backend may get overlooked.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

So, I just downloaded the file. Have you tested this with a recent devbuild? It turned out that FLAC music requires some larger internal buffers with the recent FMod version, this has been addressed some time ago.
Camaxide

Post by Camaxide »

I haven't tried recent dev builds - tried to keep things a bit constant while making the mod - but I'll try that right away - I'll report back on it.
Did you play back the file just fine at your end with new devbuild?
Camaxide

Post by Camaxide »

And OpenAl also cause problems for me, as it cant tackle stereo sounds for some reason - sure it does not need to be stereo files as they are played back mono - but lots of converting needed to be done with several hundred files if I'd want to go OpenAl :)
Camaxide

Post by Camaxide »

It seems 2.2.1814 runs the same as 2.1.1 - it has small stutters (short few millisecond breaks) happening every few seconds.

Return to “News”