WadExt v1.0 released

News about GZDoom.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

WadExt v1.0 released

Post by Graf Zahl »

I finally got tired of the problems with the existing extraction tools so I decided to write my own.

https://github.com/coelckers/wadext/releases/tag/1.0

This is a simple command line tool that will extract an entire WAD into a mostly PK3-compatible folder structure, it will also decompile all TEXTUREx, ANIMATED and SWITCHES lumps into readable and reusable text lumps (ANIMDEFS and TEXTURES, respectively.) Most of the file formats used with ZDoom will be detected and get a proper extension applied.

Doom format graphics and sounds will be converted to common formats PNG and WAV, this can be disabled via command line.

Comments and suggestions are welcome. Please add any bug reports and feature suggestions to the Github tracker if you have an account over there.
Currently only working on Windows, if someone wants to make it work on Linux or maxOS, please drop me a line so that I can add you to the repo.
theleo_ua

Re: WadExt v1.0 released

Post by theleo_ua »

big thanks, really bored with converting wads to pk3 and extracting data from wads
Nothing smells better than a dead Governor in the morning (c) http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic ... 026#808026
ZZYZX
Developer
Developer

Post by ZZYZX »

Merging multiple wads into single pk3 with optional unused texture/flat removal pls. Ideally with ACS bytecode parser for SetLineTexture usage : DDD
(90% sure you won't do all this, but why not ask?)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

This seems to do the job very nicely. I've tried it with a few WADs and, as far as I can tell, it did exactly what it was meant to and did it very quickly and easily. Thanks.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

@ZZYZX:

That's way beyond the scope of a simple WAD extraction tool. It never performs any deeper analysis of such relations.

Return to “News”