Floor/Ceiling Portals and 3D floors or Bridge Actors

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

AFADoomer

Floor/Ceiling Portals and 3D floors or Bridge Actors

Post by AFADoomer »

If I use 3d floor steps or actors as steps (e.g., Custom Bridge, Invisible Bridge, actors with +ACTLIKEBRIDGE) it becomes very difficult to traverse between stacked sectors via interactive portals (Sector_SetSpecial).

If I use "real" (raised floor) steps, the transition is fine, but when I use any of the actor setups, I have to duck and jump repeatedly on the steps in order to move up into the upper portal area.

3D floors are less problematic, but still sometimes don't recognize that the final step is navigable, and you have to jump.

Quick-and-dirty sample map using default Custom Bridge actor is here: http://afadoomer.com/files/PortalBridge.wad

You spawn in front of an actor-based stair up into a portal. This is broken. To the left is a duplicate set of actors leading to a simple higher platform. This works smoothly.

EDIT: This is with the 15 Aug dev build... But I'm pretty sure this isn't new.
Last edited by AFADoomer on Thu Aug 18, 2016 0:21, edited 1 time in total.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Floor/Ceiling Portals and 3D floors or Bridge Actors

Post by Graf Zahl »

Making this work for the actual floor was quite a problem already. I think it can be addressed for 3D floors, but I have no hope for bridge things because the code for actors standing on actors is too messy.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

I edited my reply a little bit... The 3d floor issue is less of a problem - It only is evident when you have a step (that's within stepheight) below the portal entrance. You have to jump to get over that last step. I also uploaded a new example map with a 3d floor version of this as well (same link as above)...

You also get to see your sprite through the portal as you are traversing it, but I don't know if that is fixable right now...
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

fixed the 3D floor part. The bridge actors are an entirely different problem.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

fixed the bridge actor thing as well.

Return to “Closed Bugs”