Need Help With New Resources

Moderator: Rex Claussen

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Need Help With New Resources

Post by Rex Claussen »

[I missed your post with the new model because of my travel schedule.]

That star is excellent! It lends an additional layer of believability to the atmosphere in the maps; it's like a coat of arms or a shield. I never even thought about creating a model with just the star, and even if I had I would have imagined the work required would have been extraordinary. Many thanks for your efforts, and for being the imaginative tour de force of the team.

About your reference to TIDs, were you perhaps meaning to say "DoomEd #"? I doubt it, but I'm just checking. [I had to renumber the DoomEd # you had assigned to the actors, as the first number you assigned was already assigned to the dead marine, which made its first appearance on the floating/orbiting islands in the Xen episode of Paranoiac.]
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: Need Help With New Resources

Post by Enjay »

Glad you like the model and thank you for the compliments. :) I was actually surprised how well it looks in a map myself - and it was such a simple edit to the original model.

In the map discussion, I did mean tids. The map is just a copy of the first room that I used for the trampoline model. The trampolines had all been given tids so that they could be controlled by the script and I forgot to remove the tids when I changed the actors to be chaos symbols in the first chaos symbol map. The chaos symbols do not need tids unless you are doing something like removing them with a script or something.

However, you are right that the ednums will also probably need to be looked at. For demo purposes I just picked numbers that I knew didn't clash with any Doom or GZDoom ones. I didn't try to avoid clashing with anything in Parallax because I figured you'd have your own numbering system and want to renumber them anyway. i.e. My ednums were only ever intended to be placeholders so that I could make the demo map.

Return to “Models”