Floor over Floor?

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
Fatlaser

Floor over Floor?

Post by Fatlaser »

Hello, I am new to Gzdoom.. and I was looking through some screenshots of Gzdoom maps, and saw one with a floor over floor. I have started a Capture the Flag map, and wanted to implement the Z axis required to make the Floor over Floor. Any Ideas/comments/suggestions?

Thanks
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Wrong area.
Fatlaser

Post by Fatlaser »

How is it in the wrong area? The Doom Armory's description clearly states that it's for help in modding.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

WEAPON modding, why do you think it has "Armory" in the name?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Here you can chat about the Doom Armory itself, weapon mods, and whatever else that might be related somehow.
I don't see where it "clearly" states such.
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

You're all retarded, and you're not proving anything by being smarmy about it either. Just answer the poor bastard's question, you all know it and it's taken you just as long to be shitty with Fatlaser as it would've taken any of you to answer his question. Are you all so self-involved you believe you've never fucked up and posted something stupid? The guy's new, GET OVER IT.

Fatlaser, there is GZDoom floor over floor (commonly known as 3D-Floors) documentation here.

Post by Alter »

And making them isn't really hard! ;) heh anyway welcome to drdteam forums Fatlaser
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Sir_Alien wrote:You're all retarded, and you're not proving anything by being smarmy about it either. Just answer the poor bastard's question, you all know it and it's taken you just as long to be shitty with Fatlaser as it would've taken any of you to answer his question. Are you all so self-involved you believe you've never fucked up and posted something stupid? The guy's new, GET OVER IT.

Fatlaser, there is GZDoom floor over floor (commonly known as 3D-Floors) documentation here.
Hmm...

Naaaah
Fatlaser

Post by Fatlaser »

Sir_Alien wrote:You're all retarded, and you're not proving anything by being smarmy about it either. Just answer the poor bastard's question, you all know it and it's taken you just as long to be shitty with Fatlaser as it would've taken any of you to answer his question. Are you all so self-involved you believe you've never fucked up and posted something stupid? The guy's new, GET OVER IT.

Thanks, Sir_Alien.

I may be periodically posting topics for help on things like this..

Edit:
DoomBuilder ACS Compiler wrote: Line 5 in file "script.acs" ...
script.acs:5: Function sector_set3dfloor is used but not defined.

The ACS compiler did not compile your script.
A prompt screen comes up when I try to compile.
I'm pretty sure I have to do something with the config, but I'm not sure what.[/quote]
Last edited by Fatlaser on Wed Oct 11, 2006 20:57, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Alter »

Update ACC to newest version! that should fix the problem you can get it here! http://zdoom.org/files/utils/acc/acc144win.zip
Fatlaser

Post by Fatlaser »

That added some new scripts, but not the one I'm looking for.
Fatlaser wrote:#include "Zcommon.acs"

Script 1 OPEN
{
sector_set3dfloor(1,1,1,0,8);
}
Thats my entire script.. See anything wrong?
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Fatlaser wrote:That added some new scripts, but not the one I'm looking for.
You may need to upgrade to the latest "zspecials.acs", which is included with the latest version of ZDoom. (This file goes in your Doom Builder folder - I assume you are using Doom Builder?).
Fatlaser

Post by Fatlaser »

Nope.. Still isn't there. :(
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Fatlaser wrote:Nope.. Still isn't there. :(
Wait a minute... What am I talking about?! You're not supposed to use that function in a script; it's a line special.

In other words, what you want to do is create a dummy sector in your map at the height you want your 3D floor to exist at. Then apply this line special to a line on the sector. The tag argument tells the 3D floor where to appear in the map.

Read the documentation again.
Fatlaser

Post by Fatlaser »

Sir_Alien wrote:
Fatlaser wrote:Nope.. Still isn't there. :(
Wait a minute... What am I talking about?! You're not supposed to use that function in a script; it's a line special.

In other words, what you want to do is create a dummy sector in your map at the height you want your 3D floor to exist at. Then apply this line special to a line on the sector. The tag argument tells the 3D floor where to appear in the map.

Read the documentation again.
Lol, I just caught that too.

Edit: I got the thing to work.. only this isn't quite what I wanted. I wanted a visual floor over floor. Like a suspended flat. Almost like what you do with Transfer heights, only there is a side texture and minus a huge HOM. Maybe I'm doing this wrong; can anyone give me an example wad with the effect in use?

Return to “Off-Topic”