Happy winter season friends, it's december

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

If you want anti christmas ranting, see Enjay's rant and my counter rant over at the zdf.

As it is, merry christmas :P
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Enjay wins.

:P
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

Vader wrote:While we're at it; what I even hate more is this so called Santa Claus brought to us by the lovely Coca-Cola corporation, you see everywhere since a couple of years. It was common in the US, but now this shit is also spread here in Europe :evil:
Indeed, I really would like to kick his fat butt out of Europe!
J-Dub

Post by J-Dub »

Grubber wrote:Winter sucks and so does Christmas (IMO). I "celebrate" it only with the people who would go nuts if I don't do it.
Same here.

Something I've always disliked about Christmas is the materialism of it. I always thought religions like Buddhism were superior in this regard because those people try to be free from materialism. If Christmas was really and truly great, people would be content to celebrate it without any sort of material persuasion solely because of its true meaning, because it is the birthday of their "savior".
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Which is actually on the 25th of october (Jesus extended the year by 2 months, lolo). Anyways, i'm probly one of the rare few that actually enjoys christmas, not for the religious fact, but just because it makes me feel warm and happy inside.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Vader wrote:While we're at it; what I even hate more is this so called Santa Claus brought to us by the lovely Coca-Cola corporation, you see everywhere since a couple of years. It was common in the US, but now this shit is also spread here in Europe :evil:
Not quite sure if this is what you are referring to, but it's worth nipping in the bud anyway. :)

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/santa.asp

Shame, I would like it to be true just so I could rub people's noses in it. Ah well, it's all still a humbug. :P
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

TheDarkArchon wrote:And it's pronounced "Ramadan" (not sure of the spelling. Ask Nash about that particular detail) , not ramadah.
Correct, but it is spelt "Ramadhan" here.
Vader
Stronghold Team

Post by Vader »

Enjay wrote:
Not quite sure if this is what you are referring to, but it's worth nipping in the bud anyway. :)

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/santa.asp

Shame, I would like it to be true just so I could rub people's noses in it. Ah well, it's all still a humbug. :P
Yeah, i already knew that "Santa Claus" is based on what we call in germany "Nikolaus" , but wasn't aware of the details... thanks for that!
Anyway, what really bothers me, is that since a few years everyone here (don't know how it is in other countrys) is talking about Santa Claus ("Wheinachtsmann") in relation to Christmas rather than the "Christkind" like it's used to be before that.
I'm in no way a traditionalist, more likely the opposite, but seeing a figure representing Christmas, whose image is heavily influenced by a 'mighty' corporation like coca cola, takes away the "meaning" of Christmas even more for me.

Post by Alter »

okay before i forget! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Heh. I already know everything I'm getting. My parents are probaly not aware that its easy to tell what a huge box just big enough to hold a music keyboard.

And what alterworldruler said.
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

We don't celebrate christmas I hate it no christmas tree nothing, but to those who do celebrate it merry christmass to you.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Lots of free food and some presents. Family coming together. But the charm of xmas worns out with years. Now it's the same crap as yesterday and tomorrow.

Merry xmas to happy folks.
MasterOFDeath

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas. I did, got my keyboard and a sword. :)

Post by Alter »

Happy new year folks!
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Teh forum wrote:Posted: Sun 31 Dec 2006 23:42

Return to “Off-Topic”