Cyborg Implants

Anything that doesn't fit into other forums.
wildweasel
Member, DRD Team
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Cyborg Implants

Post by wildweasel » Thu Jun 07, 2007 22:15

So let's suppose that, in the future, somebody figures out a way to implant gadgets into one's body that enable humans to do all kinds of things that are not normally possible, so long as it adheres to these guidelines:

- The implants have no impact on one's physical appearance whatsoever, unless they were designed to do so (i.e. glowing eyes, fat burners, etc).
- The implants are not designed chiefly to kill, i.e. they have some practical purpose OTHER than destroying things (like a laser gun designed to quickly cook food).

Were this possible, what would you do to modify yourself? Would you shrug the whole thing off and keep yourself pure, or would you not rest until you'd gone so far as making your brain run Linux?

Me, I'd love to have an array of instant recording devices in my head - a mental notepad to store my thoughts for later, camera eyes to take pictures and capture video, ear recorders that digitally store everything I hear for archival purposes (or to keep that song I heard on the radio so I can listen to it anytime), and then have the whole thing Bluetooth-ready so that I can transfer to my computer at will.

It would also be awesome to put hover units in my feet, so I wouldn't need to walk - I could just float everywhere, like I'm on an invisible Segway.

Phobus

Post by Phobus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:13

I'd want a light source either as part of my eyes (or night vision eyes...) or near my eyes, so I could shine my lights where my eyes are... of course, I'd also want to be able to turn them off.

Paul
an' a bit of white

Post by Paul » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:36

I'd remain pure. I'm content with my abilities and disabilities.

Psycho Siggi
Awesome

Post by Psycho Siggi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 18:50

This reminds me of Strongbad and his bucket hand.
I always thought some way to interface with your computer would be nifty. So instead of typing with your keyboard, or using your mouse. You'd control all that with your mind.

KeksDose
Run, you crazy dinosaur!
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose » Fri Jun 08, 2007 20:42

I would remain pure. I'm happy with my abilities and disabilities. And it wouldn't be that funny anymore if something fails, lets say I'm flying really high, and then the jets fail, and there's nothing I can do about it (missing things to safe me / no one which could help). Got it? :wink:

Jimmy
Stronghold Team

Post by Jimmy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 21:28

I would put speed implants in my wrists and fingers so I could use expertly precise keyboard and mouse movements to blaze through Alien Vendetta on Nightmare in a matter of minutes. :lol: I could also use them to make original maps in double-quick time.

:wink:

Phobus

Post by Phobus » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:10

I think a good idea might be a breath freshener, actually. Just for those early mornings or after you've eaten a curry or whatever. Maybe a vent system built into your throat, or just a spray of something nice tasting, but fresh and pleasant :laff:

Well, why not? :P

BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix » Sat Jun 09, 2007 14:39

Psycho Siggi wrote:This reminds me of Strongbad and his bucket hand.
I always thought some way to interface with your computer would be nifty. So instead of typing with your keyboard, or using your mouse. You'd control all that with your mind.
Your mind would get a virus eventually. :P

I would like to have jet implants in my feet so I can fly around in the air when I activate them. :D

Paul
an' a bit of white

Post by Paul » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:46

Your mind would get a virus eventually.
Well people can get common viruses nowadays anyway.

ChupaReaper
The world is round; it has no point.

Post by ChupaReaper » Sat Sep 01, 2007 20:41

None of these are useful! An implant that could see through things (like clothes!), now that would be useful! Of course this can be turned off, with all the good things to look through, there're those that are, not so pleasant!
I'd probably stay pure, and wait until a madman releases a brain washing virus, then I'd get my bfg and do the job...!
What about antivirus anyway... oh yeah, that crap never works, it just slows things down, a lot.

jallamann
Administrator

Post by jallamann » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:41

I'd get some kind of universal translator thingy.
And maybe something that'd make me really agile and acrobatic :P

Post by Alter » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:40

jallamann wrote:I'd get some kind of universal translator thingy.
And maybe something that'd make me really agile and acrobatic :P
Like neo from matrix? lol, anyway i'd get some program which covers most of the mind from the world....... it would be awesome to own everyone in mind games :lol:

Shinjanji
Omegaman

Post by Shinjanji » Sun Sep 16, 2007 13:06

I would probably have cybernetic strength-enhancers.
And perhaps something that I could record my thoughts on to :D
Could also have dexterity enhancers (perhaps ambidexterity as well).
And perhaps something to make the learning process extremely fast.

Da Snoop

Post by Da Snoop » Thu Sep 20, 2007 14:39

I wouldn't appreciate some cybernetic enhancement for my body, but I would appreciate much more advanced medical technology, able to restore damaged parts of the body. For example a technology able to restore teeth to their natural form (or shape?), getting rid off of the fillings... Well, restore the whole body to healthy state without any muscular, sensual enhancements the easy and fast way. That way I would be much more satisfied and happier than I am now.

And I didn't mentioned the handicaped people. What about 5th Element's body creation? Perhaps a restoration of an amputated arm, leg?

Visplane_Overflow
What can I do to get out of this chickenshit uniform?

Post by Visplane_Overflow » Thu Sep 20, 2007 22:19

Guitars and lazor beams.

Return to “Off-Topic”