Page 1 of 3
Unnamed ZDoom mod
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 17:56
I'm starting a new mod, which is designed to be in the realms of the psuedo-realistic (Reloading and such. Think "The Stranger".) Most of the weapons will reload by clip but some, such as the shotgun, will use the old style reloading.
Currently, I'm the stage of collecting resources: The pistol is going to be Marty Kirra's Shocker Pistol while the shotgun is the Doom Hunt one with my alternate reloading frames (See the resource pool).
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 14:08
Added the sprites for the Assault Rifle (Action Doom sprites)
Before anyone says anything, I can't find other AR sprites that can have decent reload frames made for it. The reload frames uses modified frames from Cold Hard Cash along with the originals (The Doomguy doesn't take an empty clip from the gun, which looked pretty goofy IMO).
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:14
Sounds pretty interesting...I had the same idea for my mod (not advertising
). Good luck has always TDA.
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 18:58
Added the Tome of Power (Literally. The only changes I've made is duration because it's rarer than in Heretic due to the fact this replaces the berserk powerup and that it makes Dooms super powerup sound when picked up)
EDIT: Ok, sod that. The sprites are now the rotating ones that appear on the top of the screen when used and it's also instant activation a la Mister Cola
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 22:16
If you're looking for a name for it, how about:
"BPS: BULLETS PER SECOND"
I was going to use this name for one of my own ZDoom projects, but what the hell, you can take it if u want. I don't know anything about making DECORATE stuff for Doom anyway. MEH
Could be called something like TDA-BPS.wad or something.
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 19:33
Added the Trogdor Mini-Rocket Launcher. Does what it says on the tin (Rapid firing weak rocket RL.)
Zero points goes to whoever gets where the names comes from.
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 20:54
Omg Strong Bad Email? Heh...zero points for me!
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 22:50
* Decreased the Machine Pistol's (The starting weapon: Think along the lines of the Beretta M93R) burst fire accuracy so it doesn't uselessfy the single shot.
* Trogdors tomed form added: Expels all the rockets loaded in it as a secondary fire and primary fire is the same as the untomed one except the ROF is increased.
* Moved tomed shotguns attack (SSG type thing) to secondary fire. Primary fire has a juiced up single barreled attack so its use isn't so wasteful on weaker enemies.
* Reloading is on the bottom of the menu and is defaultly bound to "R"
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:21
* Improved smoke effects on Trogdors rockets
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 14:33
*Added the Core Charge Gun: The Generic Plasma Weapon of the mod.
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 15:13
Are you going to use hi-res pngs in this?
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 16:58
No for the simple reason of unplayable frame rates in GL mode.
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 14:25
* Done the tomed CCG: Primary has a faster rate of fire, secondary fires a powerful plasma grenade.
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 0:54
With 2.1.0's release, the mod is now fully compatible with ZDoom.
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 17:53
O_O...2.1.0's released? Oh snap...