Tainted Decorum

Talk about what TheDarkArchon is making.

Moderator: TheDarkArchon

Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

What about that other mod of yours?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

znew is in limbo at the moment as I can't decide of a melee weapon.
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

i use taindec for testing witch new map from newstuff chronicles on doomworld*com ... :wink:
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

TheDarkArchon wrote:znew is in limbo at the moment as I can't decide of a melee weapon.
Something blunt. A baseball bat, a shovel, a hammer...YES! USE A HAMMER!
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Ok, an update on the reimagining of Tainted Decorum:

* Photon Pistol has been completely redesigned: It's now fires a weak railgun shot ~once a second but has infinite ammo and is the chainsaw replacement.

* The Silent Eagle is the starting weapon and is fully implemented, including casings

* The DSG-1 is now the Duke 64 shotgun with Doomguy hands, with the casings/ammo pickup from Dons Challenge instead of Doom 2.5

[EDIT] * The Double-Barreled Shotgun returns replacing the SSG this time round and now has a different reloading animation this time that looks a lot better than the previous one

* Also tweaked the Shotty animation.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

* Minigun's back in: It no longer overheats but "only" fires at 1050 RPM instead of 2100. Replaces the plasma rifle
Paul

Post by Paul »

You really are making this mod for almost 2 years now? o_O
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Actually, I started when DECORATE weapons were new. :mrgreen:

I then stopped when I realised how horribly bloated it was before remaking it from scratch starting a few days ago.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

OK, I've done something new on the mod: I've reimplemented the Ice Cannon into Tainted Decorum.

A little before and after:

Before there was this:

And after there was this:

(I do intend to recolour the ice chunks for the mod before anyone asks)

[EDIT] for disambiguation
Last edited by TheDarkArchon on Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:18, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The mod still needs a hammer.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

A recap on Tainted Decorums progress (The new version):

Arsenal:
<melee weapon> - I'm probably going to go with WW's advice and stick a hammer in here. Now to reinstall the Hexen II demo...
* Photon Pistol - Infinite ammo (may change to cells), moderately strong projectile weapon but has a low rate of fire due to the need to recharge between shots. Secondary is more powerful but needs to charge a little bit first before firing and charging again. Replaces Chainsaw as the fallback weapon.
* Silent Eagle - Kinda-weak, accurate, silent, semi-auto pistol. Secondary fire is gansta style a la Immoral Conduct. Replaced the two handed sprites with a single handed set, thanks to Zero Prophet
* SPAS-12- Acts similar to the old TD shotgun but will be reskinned since everyone is sick of the Doom 2.5 shotgun.
* Double Barreled Shotgun - Same as before but now replaces the SSG instead of the invisibility power-up. Now with better animation
* Zen III SMG - Screw it, I went with the Chaos Zero SMG sprites and named it the Zen-III. Pretty much identical to the TD Zen-II but more powerful per shot and has a burst fire option like the old Assault Rifle does. Replaces chaingun
* Ice Cannon - The Ice Cannon has been revived and has been improved, replacing that shitty shotgun hand with one of Scuba's, and recolouring the clip-thing at the side of the weapon so it looks like the ammo pickup. Rocket Launcher replacement.
* Minigun- The minigun is in and runs of its own ammo that replaces cell packs. Now only half the speed of the original (which is still bloody fast) but no longer overheats and is a lot more accurate. Replaces Plasma Rifle
<Unknown BFG replacement> - The EFC is getting tired so it's getting dropped, might go with something like Chronoteeth's Used and Abused's BFG replacement, but I'm not sure as yet. It's ammo pickup will replace the standard energy cell: No large pickup will exist for this weapon (as it's slot it taken by the miniguns ammo)

Completed weapons are marked with an asterix and changes to the original plans are in itallics

Return to “Mod Journal”