Current Resources (5/7/07)

Cold Hard Cash 2: For Firepower And Profit development forum

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Current Resources (5/7/07)

Post by wildweasel »

Here's where we stand - these are the most recent versions of all the CHC2 files that I have. The Hub map is probably out of date due to Alterworldruler working on it at the moment.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z17rjb

The file's contents:

- Nash's readme file, which contains the conversation ID and DoomEdNums of his NPC's.
- chc2-Freya, which was Alterworldruler's most recent version of the Space Station Freya mission.
- chc2-hub, Unity Station.
- chc2-hubtex, which currently only contains NMN Corporation 1 and a few miscellaneous other things.
- chc2-inventory, needed for the NPC's
- chc2-npc, all the NPC data and KSSC scripts
- chc2-money, all the pickups and the money system. Summon ColdHardCash to give yourself the ID card (serves as your credits counter) and then summon all the other cash pickups for varying degrees of cash.
- chc2-playersfx, which is the player sounds from Painkiller. Those are not set in stone yet and I'm looking for any alternatives to make sure we get a player character that doesn't annoy people.

Post by Alter »

Weasel, i'll update chc2-hubtex because i did gain new resources.. as i did mention in other thread here, i was stupid because i was working on hub map without nash npc's... i'm updating slowly the hub-map why slowly? Xenus 1.5 E1M3 keeps me a bit busy
Blade Nightflame

Post by Blade Nightflame »

Actually, I'll admit, everything looks very nice in here. Can't wait to contribute some enemies/weapons to this mod. o/

EDIT:
I'd hate to waste time for mappers, but by any chance, will there be any sort of chase scenes? Either on foot, by car, by ship, etc, any? Would be pretty amusing considering this project. (Think you should also warn people this is a GZD wad.)
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Yo, I just joined, I might be working with you guys on CHC2. Though I have read some of the topics and posts and I don't really know where to start or where the resources are, I just found one link, which was dead. Could you guys show me around a bit? :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

We got a new player in town.

So what are you good in? GFX? Maps? Bug hunting? Decorate? Sounds making/collecting? Gun concepts?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, what we really need is a place to put our resources...anybody got any ideas?
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Well, I try to do a bit of everything. I focus on making maps, I can do ( little ) Graphics and Sprites, if you want I can als do bug hunting ( because I always complain about bugs that I find in a map :D ). I'm 'ok' with DECORATE, If I need something there, I'll find it. At the moment I can make midi music, but only 24 'bars' ( don't really know how to say this in English, but in music you have like pieces depending on if you have 4/4, 2/4, etc.. ) due to the fact that I don't have the full version, but I might get it soon. If I have it I can make full songs of midi music and even wave music.

If you want, here are a few samples ( not finished ).

This one is the solo of ( hopefully one of ) my future songs.
http://rapidshare.com/files/39454064/So ... -_midi.mid

This one is something I made in my spare time.
http://rapidshare.com/files/39454065/Ki ... -_midi.mid

As I said I can't do longer songs then those because of the ( stupid ) trial version of the program, when I get the full version, I will be able to do midi as well as wave files and full songs.

As for the idea of resources, you could just put them all together in a wad and then in zip/rar file. If there are weapons, monsters you should also put the DECORATE with 'em. Someone should download or get all the resources that are made 'till now and put them together, but you have to be sure that no more will be added when everyone gets a copy of the resources first. I think I can wait untill all the resources are finished and gathered up.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Whoo whee Goldy, now those are some seriously fine tunes if I ever heard some. If you will not do music for CHC2 than I dunno who will. This stuff is seriously nice!

Concerning your other talents - work speaks for the artist. I'd like to see some samples. Could you perhaps post some maps/screenshots from them or any examples of your graphical work?

Sorry I'm meddling so much into coordination Corwin ma man ;) just trying to make your life easier (and analyse the new member who had spawned my interest in him)
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

As for the music I'll have to wait for the full version of the program I use. That may take a while :P, and composing music itself is time-absorbing.

Anyway, I've got one more important question, what engine/port are we using? ZDOOM or GZDOOM? Or something else...? Anyway, the only real succesful sprites I've made so far is the Cacoball, which you can see in one of the screenshots below and the unstained sargeant, which you can find at the ZDOOM forums or at the direct link here.

Screenshots of my work before:
A screenshot where a heap of marines fight some imps. :)
And another one.
The 'machine', this one took a whole lotta work to make. :P
A mini-boss I made, I call this one the 'Cacoball'.
A random screenshot.
Another random screenshot.
An elevator I made. ;)
A few control panels with a modified lights texture.

I have a very small resource pack including my own sprites. Which are just 3 things :P.
- Cacoball + CacoballBall
- Commander ( aka stainfree sargeant )
- Death Elemental ( Pain elemental with a second eye attack )

Here an example of a tryout I just made, it doesn't look THAT good, that's why I told you I'm not that good with sprites :P, this is just copy-past work.

ImageImageImageImage
Golden Heaven

Post by Golden Heaven »

Sorry for bump, but I've made a small resource pack containing some of my personal work, they're not THAT good, but maybe of some value. Also all decorate should be OK that's in there, except for the Soul lamp, which hasn't been tested, though I didn't feel like testing it because the decorate might have to be changed anyways.
Attachments
Resources GH.zip
(117.73 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Return to “Cold Hard Cash 2”