3-d doors special

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Nash
Developer
Developer

3-d doors special

Post by Nash »

Is it possible to add a new line type that makes a 3-d floor function exactly as the door specials would, except in 3-d? Meaning that pressing use on it will move it up, wait a while, then move it down again, and if something's blocking it, it'll open again (in other words, all of the behaviours that make it a Doom door).

3-d floors are sweet, but until now, there hasn't been a way to create Doom-style doors in multi-storey constructs...
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: 3-d doors special

Post by Rex Claussen »

Yes, 3D doors would be nice.

I am using a clumsy work around by inserting 3D sectors with door textures, but these are swinging type doors and they remain open permanently. Therefore, they give the illusion of there being a door where there ought to be one, but it does not work as a fully functioning door.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

There may have to be an additional argument (if there is one spare) for height to rise. Normally a door rises to ceiling - 4. However, in a 3D setup, perhaps the "ceiling" beside the door is also a 3D floor therefore the real sector ceiling cannot be used as a reference. Other than that though, yes, I too would find this a useful special.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

A Door special with "open" and "closed" height arguments?
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

It cant just be a simple door special because it needs to move the floor (and the ceiling???) of a 3D contol sector, not just the ceiling of a normal sector. However, open/closed heights might well be useful.
dark-slayer-201

Post by dark-slayer-201 »

ACS helped me make moving 3d floors (up down only)
because i have to use 3d floors in one of my projects which is a Rise of the Triad mod for skulltag.
to get the platforms moving, i just used acs to make the ceiling and floor move.
origionally i made it raise and lower to the height of a triggered linedef with a dummy actor which cannot die, and has a_recoil(-1).
but the acs way is much better.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”