"gl_texture_blend"

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Sussudio

"gl_texture_blend"

Post by Sussudio »

I requested this here, but since it was completely ignored, I'm guessing it was not the correct place.

Basically I'm talking about an equivalent of "gl_sprite_blend" for textures with transparency. Check the link above for a visual example.

Can this be implemented?
Thanks.
Sussudio

Re: "gl_texture_blend"

Post by Sussudio »

Oh well, I don't want to sound pushy, but have you considered this? it's been a while since the request, the feature would definitely make a difference for the good and it certainly doesn't look like something horribly difficult to implement, given that more or less the same has been done for sprites in the past.

Regards.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This one would be a considerable amount of work with major implications on how scenery is processed so no, I haven't looked into it yet.
RaVeN

Smooth Texture Edges

Post by RaVeN »

Smooth Texture Edges (or give different name) its work like "Smooth Sprite Edges" but for textures.
Textures with one transpared color (keycolor?).

P.S. I don't like strong edges that GL_ALPHA_TEST do.
So i prefer smooth edges with "gl_mask_sprite_threshold 0" and "gl_sprite_blend true" <- gives nice effect for me =)
And want to do same with textures. "gl_mask_threshold 0" and "gl_texture_blend true (?)" <- want it too, but this is not exist
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Merged duplicate.
RaVeN

Post by RaVeN »

Don't understand why? but this should works fast too as it works for sprites?
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

He didn't say it could be slower if implemented, he just haven't looked into it, which's sort of disappointing. If I could have my way, I'd definitely give this a much higher priority, hell, even Legacy gets it right.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

To implement this the entire way of handling two-sided walls needs to be changed. This cannot be done without a major performance hit and a complete reorganization of how such walls are treated internally.

Don't bother asking again. It won't happen.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”