Some 3D floor logic

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Gez
Developer
Developer

Some 3D floor logic

Post by Gez »

Here's a patch for consideration. It introduces 3D floor checks for the powered-up hellstaff attack and the arch-vile resurrection, with a compatibility option to turn them off.

I've sat on this for a long while because it takes the only remaining compatflag slot and I didn't want to create a new array just for GZDoom in case that slot gets taken by something else in the parent port, but since it looks like 3D floors may end up in ZDoom as well, it was time that I dust this off.
Attachments
3Dfloors.zip
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Some 3D floor logic

Post by Graf Zahl »

Where's the problem with the compatflag variable? If more flags are needed a new compatflags2 variable will be added, plain and simple. There's nothing anywhere in the engine that requires that there's only one.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

COMPATF_MCLEOD says there can be only one! :p

That said, I'm not even sure the compatibility flag is needed anyway. I don't remember seeing setups where an arch-vile was used to resurrect monsters from a different floor. But I haven't played through all maps with 3D floors.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This is a compatibility issue where I honestly don't care. That flag is not needed and I planned to remove it anyway.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

added - but I had to fix a few things in here.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”