KDIZD : the Deimos Guardian

This forum is for reviews of Doom and non-Doom-related material.

Can the guardian be killed without the rifle ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Lioyd_Irving

KDIZD : the Deimos Guardian

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

So, here's my theory : the Deimos Guardian from KDIZD is just...unbeatable with conventional weapons (i mean everything but the rifle). Why ? Simple : after the baron / demon cube shootout in Hell, then after the Bruiser Bros. you just haven't enough ammo to beat him, his lost souls and his Imps. The ammo he spawns is useless, since the only weps that can damage him are the double-shotgun, the rocket launcher and the grenade launcher, and those ammo are used on his soldiers. I was forced to cheat as i didn't find any rifle in the game. Maybe I just suck - i'm just playing since half a year. But i anyway added a poll.

Btw, Phobos Anomaly is beautiful.
Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler all drank water. You criminal scum !
Risen

Post by Risen »

It's a very difficult battle to be sure. This is planned to change in a re-release, but unfortunately it's been a difficult task for the team to find the time to make all the necessary changes.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I managed to beat him without using the rifle. Of course that included finding the one blind spot where I was relatively save from his attacks.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I didn't think he was too bad. I hadn't even found the rifle the first time I beat him. :oops:
Remmirath
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Remmirath »

Well, i managed to kill him, but with "iddqd" cheat, because it was too difficult for me...maybe with more training i'll manage to kill him, even without the rifle :wink:
SoulPriestess wrote:Good job, Morpheus! You are teh awesum!
sykesccorp

Post by sykesccorp »

i killed him with out the rifle and itwas pretty had yes but i did it :D
Lioyd_Irving

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

I've recently restarted KDiZD from the beginning...I've learned LOTS of things since the last time :D. I'm gonna kick his @$$!
Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson and Adolf Hitler all drank water. You criminal scum !
Mortarion

Post by Mortarion »

Only just, and I went cra-zy in the process(used chaingun to deal to the imps/lostsouls, gl and ssg to kill the dguardian)
It's Arma-goddamn-M*****ing-geddon.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

The Deimos Guardian is quite a difficult boss to beat if you're starting E1M8 with a pistol start. Here's what I had to say about it just about a year ago:

"The final battle with the Deimos Guardian was quite entertaining, except that for a long time I could never quite defeat it. I tried circle-strafing around the lava lake (the rock edges "collapsing" into the lava was a nice touch), but fighting off imps and Lost Souls while the Guardian was drilling me in the back with his special brand of hot sauce, made for very short battles indeed. Had there been more health, I would have kept trying this mode of assault. I even used the console to give myself 100 health points a couple of times, to see if it could be done. Finally, I settled on the lame way of defeating it - I ran up to the gate, and combined sniping with crouching to avoid the main attacks. Also, after I had tried the fight a dozen times and ended up a gooey mess on the wall, I resorted to using the Rifle. I believe the fight could have been made far more fun had there been more health (and even possibly periodically spawning health). Defeating an awesome opponent by cowering and sniping did not give me much satisfaction."
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

My technique to beat him involves backtracking quickly to avoid being trapped in his area. This way, avoiding his attack and his minions is easy (the lost souls are still a nuisance, though) and it's possible to go fetch more ammunitions that were left standing in previous parts of the level.

Though I've read this was considered exploiting a bug, so I don't know if it'll still be possible to do this in KDiZD1.1, whenever it'll be available.

Return to “Reviews”