iPod playable doom music

Need help with your project? Ask here.
Mortarion

iPod playable doom music

Post by Mortarion »

how do I import zen/lehtaldeathmatch's music to a format playable with itunes(and ipods)? I'd really like to but have no idea how, if it's even possible, can anyone help?
It's Arma-goddamn-M*****ing-geddon.
Whoo

Post by Whoo »

Assuming the fact that the file is .midi, no. These days it is impossible to convert .midi to .mp3. There was a topic about it at Doomworld awhile ago.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Unless you record media player using the "what U hear" input in a sound editor, or use one of WinAmps write-to-WAV plugins...
Mortarion

Post by Mortarion »

but itunes features a converter that can convert midis into wavs, than wavs into mp3s, all I want to know is the recognisable format that things like zens music(created with impulse tracker, I think) that will let me import it, converting it should be no problem, but XWE keeps spitting out .LMP files... :?
It's Arma-goddamn-M*****ing-geddon.
DuckReconMajor

Re: iPod playable doom music

Post by DuckReconMajor »

In the "Save As" window, change the "Save as Type" box from "LMP Files" to "All Files". Then put .mid at the end of the file name and save.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re:

Post by Graf Zahl »

Mortarion wrote:but itunes features a converter that can convert midis into wavs, than wavs into mp3s, all I want to know is the recognisable format that things like zens music(created with impulse tracker, I think) that will let me import it, converting it should be no problem, but XWE keeps spitting out .LMP files... :?

Use WinAmp's disk writer plugin as suggested. It's capable of converting all tracker music to WAV which then can be converted to MP3.

Return to “Editing Help”