GZDoombuilder and Project Brutality

Need help with your project? Ask here.
pming

GZDoombuilder and Project Brutality

Post by pming »

Hiya.

So...why can't GZDoombuilder load in ProjectBrutality.pk3? I get "duplicate" type errors, so it just craps out and says "NOPE!"...just ignores the pk3 file (excludes it from being loaded, basically).

At first it was a simple "DECORATE" and "DECORATE" dup, normal for PB I guess. I just renamed the one with the comment about being "Activatable stuff". I only plan on releasing/mapping for single player maps, so I can't see this being a problem (is it?). But even doing that, it now complains about duplicate named .png files of some kind.

Anyone have any success in loading in the ProejctBrutality.pk3 file? Or has someone created a .cfg file for GZDoombuilder? Or figured out a simple work-around?
NeoHippo

Re: GZDoombuilder and Project Brutality

Post by NeoHippo »

Dragging Project Brutality 2.03.pk3 onto the GZDoom executable of GZD g2.2pre-1534 generated the following logfile:
  • note
    The two lines marked with <<=== were shown in red.
    The game started and ran without incident.
Spoiler:
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

ARF6EF0 is indeed not a valid name for a sprite lump. I guess it was probably meant to be ARF6E0F0 or something like that.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Stuff like this happens if modders don't check the console for error messages (which unfortunately seems to be a very common problem.)

Return to “Editing Help”