The ZDRP | Been re-revamped! Page 1.

Want to give your project a release? Stick it here. (Note: This forum should be for released projects only, not for works in progress - use the Projects forum for that!)
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Added a bit more:
That's what I call "a massacre in a tip-toe white room":

Sorry for the Fraps FPS counter. I recorded something and that stayed. XP And it actually still runs at 60 FPS for me there, it's the screenshot which seemed to have caused a little lagspike on Fraps. :P
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

QUATTRO POASTING IZ F.U.N. (Fire Under Nukes) THEREFORE:
OK, I guess this is the last time I updated something Pain Elemental-specific. This took YEARS to upload, because ImageShack isn't liking me anymore because I didn't install IS toolbar yet and uploaded so much. XP
Yep, it's the Pain Elemental, my favorite monster with the caco demon and the arachnotron, exploding.
It's, in my own eyes, actually pretty neat... I just need a bit work on the animation! :D This project is rolling down a street in the direction "update town". :P
Janitor
Persecution Complex

Post by Janitor »

how do you make the graphics for these effects?
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

The graphics are hand-drawn in The GIMP. I also colored them there... in the Decorate file I simply slap in "RenderStyle Add", and I get this glowy effect. If I don't want this glowyness and brightness, I make them alpha-channeled (like the smoke), and those graphics are simply A_CustomMissile'd around. I don't think this needs a tutorial or something... it depends on your imagination how you draw those effects, and my imagination != your imagination. :P
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Adding... demos... *bleep* The explosion thing was dead, so I reuploaded it. :P Almost done... I need to add decals. :P
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

See thread title.
All I need to do now is polishing things up a bit, and if I missed anything, add those missing things. Proud 201 graphics, in all their PNGy glory, are in this wad, mostly consisting of fire and flares. :P Either I can give it a release today, or tomorrow, while today sounds really damn neat.
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

It's done! (TM)

Post by KeksDose »

It's done. See first post.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Awesome! I played around with it for a little bit, and it really does look a lot more realistic than Doom's old graphics.

Well done.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Looks very cool. 8-)

A couple of minor problems I spotted:

I don't think the spidermastermind creates decals.

If you gib a monster on a lift, when the lift moves down, the gibs are left hanging in mid air (easy to see on map01 if you gib any of the zombie standing platforms, then lower the platform).
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

I fixed the Spider Mastermind thing. Now to the thing with the gibs, this is fixed by adding -NoBlockmap to the blood actor, but then a few drops are able to simply rape the framerate. I should find a way around this... I hate lag in simpler things like the pest.:P

Edit: Well, it seems I found my not-so-laggy-workaround. Update on first post! :P Some other stuff I did:

GRAND UPDATES! *or so*
  • Fixed a bug where the flare could magically appear behind torches, and then appear in front of them again.
  • Red torch fire isn't pinkish anymore, it goes into yellow now.
  • Fixed a few bugs in the blood actor (some graphics not appearing properly, blood spots not appearing).
  • Fixed the Spider Mastermind thing.
  • Cyberdemon death has a bit more radius considering the Radius_Quake. :P
  • This version might be a *bit* bloodier. :P
  • Fixed the Revenant bulletpuff thing... I just wonder if the code I wrote could be considered as near exact to the revenant tracer's homing code.
  • Bloodspots have been workaroundinated.
  • For FILESSIZE'S SAKE, I ogg'd two wav sounds.
De-ell-own-load.
stx

Post by stx »

I like this, I like this a lot. In fact I'm putting it in Skins.

...but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. What happened to THIS fire? It's much better than the one in the current release...
KeksDose wrote:Pic-2-Compare:
This is how the new fire looks like...
Also, this WAD could use some collaboration with dynamic lights. ;)
Janitor
Persecution Complex

Post by Janitor »

amazing. i think i just wet myself.
Reinchard

Post by Reinchard »

This smoke is very realistic
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

stx wrote:What happened to THIS fire?
I ate it! :D Actually, it's still in the deeps of page 2. :P I formated my PC about two months ago, so I totally forgot about this one. That actually makes me want to make a better one. :P
stx

Post by stx »

Would ZDRP.wad work with the NewGZEP wad? I really want the older fireballs.

Or have you put in the GZEP ones into ZDRP yet?

Return to “Releases”