gzdoom-mac netplay command line arguments?

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

killdozer

gzdoom-mac netplay command line arguments?

Post by killdozer »

I downloaded gzdoom-g4.4pre-131-g5490ffcd7.dmg, and am running Doom 2 peer to peer on macOS 10.15.3. I start the game with the following command:

Code: Select all

cd /Applications/GZDoom.app/Contents/MacOS
./gzdoom -host 2
If I add additional arguments, such as "-skill 4" or "-teamdamage 1", they have no effect. I can turn teamdamage on in the console after the game begins, but I can't change the difficulty mid-game, so I'm stumped, because all the guides say I'm doing this correctly by appending it on the command line.

I have one more question. When I used to play vanilla Doom 2 netplay over a modem, players would not keep their weapons when they died. The behavior I'm seeing now is extra weapons everywhere, which can only be collected once, are kept in inventory permanently even after death, and can't be picked up again, for eg. in subsequent levels to replenish ammo. Therefore, ammo can only be picked up from ammo powerups, and not from weapons, save for enemy weapon drops. We end up with all the guns, but constantly running out of ammo. This is vaguely familiar as an alternative game mode, but I can't remember. Any insight into this, please?
Last edited by killdozer on Wed Apr 08, 2020 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Re: gzdoom-mac netplay command line arguments?

Post by _mental_ »

killdozer wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:32 If I add additional arguments, such as "-skill 4" or "-teamdamage 1", they have no effect. I can turn teamdamage on in the console after the game begins, but I can't change the difficulty mid-game, so I'm stumped, because all the guides say I'm doing this correctly by appending it on the command line.
No, this is not correct. CVARs need to be prepended with '+', not '-'. So, command line should include +skill 4 +teamdamage 1.

Post by Guest »

Thank you. What a perfectly conceived and executed source port this is! The performance and quality is better than anything I've ever tried out before. This is absolutely the definitive classic Doom experience.
killdozer

Post by killdozer »

Thanks again. So, I think the CVARs I want, for my desired game mode, are:

Code: Select all

./gzdoom -host 2 +skill 4 +teamdamage 1 +SV_Coop_LoseInventory
_mental_
Developer
Developer

Post by _mental_ »

The CVAR is named sv_cooploseinventory, without the second underscore.

Return to “Development Builds”