[SVN Info] Doom Builder 2, GZDoom Builder, Builder64

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

Tiger
Developer
Developer

[SVN Info] Doom Builder 2, GZDoom Builder, Builder64

Post by Tiger »

Doom Builder 2 Binary
Doom Builder 2, a level developer tool that allows the users to create their own worlds in their own image.
Downloads: Prerequisites: Notes:

GZDoom Builder Binary
Adjacent to Doom Builder 2, but utilizes other techniques relative to GZDoom.

Doom Builder 64
Create maps and levels for Doom 64's environment. This is useful for creating new worlds for Doom64 EX

Front-end SVN Compiler (MakePrivateBuild|Bootless Star)
The Bootless Star project has been updated and moved to a new location.
Last edited by Tiger on Sun Jan 12, 2014 0:30, edited 48 times in total.
Reason: Updated by date provided
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: Doom Builder 2 (w/GZDoom VM) [r1486]

Post by Tiger »

Here is some ideas that I have in mind for the next version of the MakePrivateBuild program;
  • Drop requirement for 'CHOICE.exe' as it breaks support for Win5.1 foundation, instead, stick to mutable variables. Adjacent to the HotCompiler v2, NavVar will be used. [Wait for HotCompiler v2]
  • Allow users to physically manipulate most mutable variables to correctly point to the right prerequisites.
  • Allow users to also compile Builder64
    • This program will then need to be in the parent folder
    • Also allow rollback support for the original behavior within the directories, but this will not work if not in the opposite directory. This can back fire if in the Builder64 and not in Trunk.
  • Remodel QuickFinder
  • Allow users to use VERBOSE [Wait for HotCompiler v2]
  • Allow users to use basic mode
  • Implement 'Settings' which houses some interchangeable variables through-out the program. [Wait for HotCompiler v2]
  • Allow 'Snapshot' of QuickFinder [FULL_VIEW] [Wait for HotCompiler v2]
Feel free to share your thoughts and any further ideas. I don't know when I will get around to remodeling this program as most are based on another Shell script program that I am also working on currently. However, I have not forgotten about this treasure ;)
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: Doom Builder 2 (w/GZDoom VM) [r1493]

Post by Tiger »

Revision 1493 is now available, enjoy!

Check the changelog for recent modifications in this revision.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Thank you for providing this, Tiger. :)
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

There has been A LOT of activity within the Doombuilder 2, and I mean a lot! I will try to get a fresh SVN build out within a couple of days. My main focus at this time is to finish working on another Shell program that I've started several months ago, though it is almost ready for chief use for compiling project builds. I will report any new updates on this thread.

I might reuse this thread for just broadcasting updates on DB2 and maybe other DB2 side builds, and Bootless Star for those that use the program for compiling DB2 without having to rely on me to distribute. However, this is all open for debate and not fully official yet.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Great news everyone! Lately I have been KDiBatch with "MakePrivateBuild.bat", and to be honest, the new version should be extermly easier on everyone. Currently, it is now possible: compile DB2 with only default plugins and all plugins, load and save user presets, customize the directory path to Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft HTML Workshop. This early version of the program is not really mature for major uses, but if someone is willing to play around with it - be my guest!

(Note: Place BootlessStar.bat outside of the .\doombuilder directory, and it might be required to modify the directory setup within the options.)

Bootless Star (1.00 Beta 4 [Alpha 1])
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I apologize that I have not yet created any builds lately, I am still working on some of the bugs in 'Bootless Star' and getting everything to compile as expected. Thus far, the major hold up is the Visplane Explorer. Again, I sorry that I have not released any SVN's recently, please bear with me.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Here is the latest version update of 'Bootless Star'. This version fixes innumerable bugs found in the 'Alpha 1', however - it is still best to only compile the default plugins until I can find a way to compile the Visplane Plugins. Additionally, I would like to thank Codeimp for helping me out and still helping me with compiling some of these projects!

1.00 Beta 4 [Alpha 2]
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

I am trying to compile my own DB2 but I'm not getting anywhere.

I have the prerequisites:

- Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express
- SlimDX SDK (January 2012)
- Inno Setup 5

I made a build.bat, copy and pasted the code for Bootless Star 1.00 Beta 4 [Alpha 2] and when I ran it, tried to build GZDoomBuilder, I got this:

Tried building using the stock MakeRelease.bat - it requires SVN commit access so that doesn't work for me.

Also tried building from within MSVC# 2010... after letting the program convert the solution into 2010 format, hit F6 to build solution, and I received 27 errors and 2485 warnings... :(

[spoiler]

Code: Select all

Error	2485	The type or namespace name 'Geometry' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\NearestLineBlockmap.cs	9	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2486	The type or namespace name 'Map' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\NearestLineBlockmap.cs	10	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2487	The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\InterfaceForm.cs	11	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2488	The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	13	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2489	The type or namespace name 'Editing' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	14	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2490	The type or namespace name 'Geometry' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	16	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2491	The type or namespace name 'BlockMap' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\NearestLineBlockmap.cs	16	46	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2492	The type or namespace name 'BlockEntry' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\NearestLineBlockmap.cs	16	55	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2493	The type or namespace name 'Map' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	17	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2494	The type or namespace name 'Rendering' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	18	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2495	The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	19	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2496	The type or namespace name 'EditModeAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	25	3	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2497	The type or namespace name 'EditMode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	25	3	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2498	The type or namespace name 'Actions' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	26	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2499	The type or namespace name 'Windows' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	28	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2500	The type or namespace name 'IO' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	29	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2501	The type or namespace name 'Map' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	30	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2502	The type or namespace name 'Rendering' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	31	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2503	The type or namespace name 'Geometry' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	32	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2504	The type or namespace name 'ClassicMode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	33	38	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2505	The type or namespace name 'Editing' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	34	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2506	The type or namespace name 'Types' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	36	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2507	The type or namespace name 'Config' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	37	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2508	The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'CodeImp.DoomBuilder' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	38	27	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2509	The type or namespace name 'Plug' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	44	29	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2510	The type or namespace name 'DynamicBitmapImage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\VisplaneExplorerMode.cs	49	11	VisplaneExplorer
Error	2511	The type or namespace name 'PreferencesController' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	D:\Projects\Game Projects\zombuilder\Source\Plugins\VisplaneExplorer\BuilderPlug.cs	107	43	VisplaneExplorer
[/spoiler]

Can't post the warnings because there's too much text.

Disclaimer: I have absolutely ZERO experience with MSVC# and the C# language in general.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Nash wrote:I have the prerequisites:

- Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express
- SlimDX SDK (January 2012)
- Inno Setup 5
Using 'Bootless Star', you wont need Inno Setup 5. But, however, you could use the 'HTML Workshop' to compile the DB2 or any projects help documents. As the HTML Workshop program does not report an ErrorCode integer, it falls through the error detection used in Bootless Star; thus, the 'HTML Workshop' is merely optional. I don't plan on supporting packaged installers within this program, unless I feel really ambitious with this program.
Nash wrote:I made a build.bat, copy and pasted the code for Bootless Star 1.00 Beta 4 [Alpha 2] and when I ran it, tried to build GZDoomBuilder, I got this:
I should supply documentation or better instructions within the screen. I've allowed the program to be more flexible with users that use different directory setups or for users that use 64bit operating system in Windows. The latter, unless I am mistaken, has two 'Program Files' directory within the HomeDrive (C:\, for example). The default directory used in the program to find 'vsvars32.bat' is:

%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools
To change this setting within the program, goto:

Settings -> Directory Setup
Without using quotes, you can point where the file is located within the file system.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Good news everyone! After working on this program, I believe that this program is nearly out of the Alpha stage! It is now plausible to compile all available projects and plugins, but, Visplane plugins are still not supported on this version. I am still trying to figure out how to compile the Visplane plugin, and if there will be a way for users to automatically build a working solution for the Visplane dynamic library.

NOTE: If there is already existing presets, they must be updated manually or generate a new preset with the latest version.

Bootless Star (1.00 Beta 4 [Alpha 3])
Spoiler: Changelog
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

I know I have gave out some good news today, but this out-weighs the good news earlier today. But good news everyone! I am releasing a recently updated version of Bootless Star, which should be much more stable and can properly support ROBOCOPY. However, Visplane plugins are still not yet supported.

Bootless Star (1.00 Beta 4 [Alpha 4])

Spoiler: changelog
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

Good news everyone! Bootless Star Beta 4 is now available! Beta 4 is an entire rewrite of the previous beta versions, but with more optimizations and flexibility. features introduced:
  • Save and load user preferences
  • Customize directory path for HTML Workshop, and Microsoft Visual Studio.
  • Beep if something happens
  • Log operations
  • Execute external scripts; useful for further operations that is not possible in Bootless Star natively
  • Possible to compile Visplane Explorer, Doom Builder 64, GZDoom Builder, and of course Doom Builder 2
However, there is a few issues that is known but can not be resolved, as I believe there is consistency issues. The issues, as mentioned, is on the plugins. It is still possible to compile all of the plugins supported, but these listed - are not supported:
  • Visplane DLL {The user must build the solution on their own, the program can still compile afterwards}
  • Visplane
  • Tag Explorer (GZDoom Builder)
  • UMDFControls (GZDoom Builder)
Further explanation, as I believe, when the plugin property is called and linked to another source (usually builder.csproj), the properties called is different. As a result, they are not consistent with each other. To resolve this issue, send complaints to the developers or let me know what I could be doing wrong as maybe my theory could be completely wrong. I really do want to have all plugins to be compiled with this program and available for everyone, but until there is a way to resolve this - - there is sadly nothing I can do.

However, I hope everyone enjoys this new beta build and you can expect to see GZDoom Builder, Builder 64, and Doom Builder 2 SVN builds on the DRDTeam site very soon!

Download: To Use:
Just put 'BootlessStar.bat' outside of the doombuilder working copy directory, and be sure to make sure that the program can find HTML workshop and Microsoft Visual Studio. To modify the latter, go to: Settings and Directory Setup. The compiled builds will be created in a new directory along side with Bootless Star. Proper documentation will be done later on, maybe.
Spoiler: Entire Known Changelog
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Post by Tiger »

For the past several days I was not able to get in contact with the other SVN team members, so I have decided to upload the builds elsewhere.
Be sure to check the repo logs!

Downloads:
[list][*]Doom Builder 64 (revision 1490)
[*]GZDoom Builder (revision 1577)[/list]
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: Doom Builder 2 r1564; GZDoom Builder r1580; Builder64 r1

Post by Tiger »

I've updated the main topic, and uploaded a new SVN build of GZDoom Builder.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Return to “Development Builds”