Looking for odamex r5121

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

capodecima

Looking for odamex r5121

Post by capodecima »

I am looking for this revision, drd page used to display old revisions but not anymore. If any1 got this revision pleas share. Thx! :angel:

PS. Also why delete "older" odamex revisions on page anyway? :(
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Looking for odamex r5121

Post by Rachael »

capodecima wrote:PS. Also why delete "older" odamex revisions on page anyway? :(
1) They can be rebuilt. This site is mainly made for testing newer things, not necessarily keeping any builds for any specific reason.

2) To limit bug reporting on old builds. When major tasks take place within certain projects, code refactoring may lead some people to favor older builds "because they worked better." (I admit, I am guilty of this too sometimes!) That is not the purpose of this site - as stated in 1, favorite builds can be rebuilt. The purpose of this site is to assist developers and community with testing newer stuff (yes, I know Odamex is in a bit of a lull at the moment but I don't feel that will last too long).

3) Also is to limit the hard drive space this site takes up. Back when I had a VPS this was a lot more important, but now that we're on DreamHost I don't think it matters quite as much, but it's still nice to trim the dead wood. Believe it or not, all those 1-4mb 7zip packages add up in space REAL fast.

On the Change Skin page you can enable developer mode. This enables access to anything that hasn't actually been deleted yet. Sometimes the files are just hidden. Unfortunately, in your case, they have been deleted. (I don't have any problem with someone else uploading the build you requested, though, if they have it)

I don't know how Odamex does things, but if the script is listing any file as normally hidden for other projects, it is too old and definitely should not be used for bug reports unless something affects that very specific version.
Kappes Buur
Persecution Complex

Post by Kappes Buur »

capodecima wrote:I am looking for this revision, .......
No, I don't have 5121, but I do have 5123.
If that will do, I can up a link.
capodecima

Post by capodecima »

Yes post pleas.
Kappes Buur
Persecution Complex

Post by Kappes Buur »

Return to “Development Builds”