Possible Eternity Engine for Mac invalid code signature?

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

printz

Possible Eternity Engine for Mac invalid code signature?

Post by printz »

I just tried opening a development build of Eternity for Mac, and I was promptly told by OSX to move it to trash (because it can't be opened), even when I fully disabled GateKeeper. I'm thinking that, ever since I enrolled in the Mac Developer Program and managed to code-sign all my Mac programs, the signature remained even in the builds maintained by Blzut3, but since he's a different user, he obtains invalidly signed programs. Maybe I'm totally wrong… In any case, I believe there's a need for the dev build maintainer to either (1) modify the code signature to his or her account (if he or she has anything of the sort) or (2) release totally unsigned builds, which will work anyway for any user who fully disables GateKeeper, or just bypasses security using the right click menu.
printz

Re: Possible Eternity Engine for Mac invalid code signature?

Post by printz »

I see that the latest development builds for macOS date by January this year. But I recently removed the code-signing from the master branch, so you should no longer have trouble uploading valid app bundles.

If it's too difficult for you to fix it, can you please PM me the connection details and the scripts you're using? Ideally I'd just continue using the same scripts, just fixed, to minimize the time spent and the risk of mistakes.

The risk is that I only have a laptop, which is not always on, so unfortunately the builds may no longer be daily. Maybe it would be better to send the fixes to you? Yet anyway, I use my laptop frequently and the least I can do is automate that in a similar way to how other services e.g. time machine work.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

I'll check the status next week when I'm back in VA.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Should be unblocked now.
printz

Post by printz »

Hello. I recently made some changes to the Eternity master branch. This resulted in changes on how it should be built. Unfortunately this resulted in failing DRDTeam Mac builds. I did it to simplify my workflow, because I used to rely on a separate branch for my signed builds, while the master could only be distributed through DRDTeam.

What I changed:

1. Now the Launcher expects to see the "eternity" release executable somewhere in a subfolder of macosx. The Launcher project no longer contains the Engine project. Rather, make sure you first build the Engine for release and copy the product in the location sought by the Launcher.

2. "Automatically manage signing" is set to ON. Not sure how DRDteam is supposed to work with this.

Do you need assistance on making this work?

Return to “Development Builds”