Who here misses miniguns in mods?

Here you can chat about the Doom Armory itself, weapon mods, and whatever else that might be related somehow. [Home]

Moderator: wildweasel

Chronoteeth

Who here misses miniguns in mods?

Post by Chronoteeth »

Well, since there's no doomarmory offtopic area, this will be the OT area for me. Who here misses the beloved pitter patter of those spinning blades, and those falling casings? Sure there were it's downs, but there were it's ups as well. I just miss those casings fall and those demons dying left and right. Oh the good old days. :(
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I sure as hell don't. I'd much rather see a nice assault rifle than another damn minigun.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Sure sure, you say such things, but then you'll be longing for the pitter patter of a well made chaingun when all you see are those damn realistic ARs.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I did both :mrgreen:
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Paul wrote:http://world.guns.ru/machine/minigun-e.htm
Read the bottom.
I tire of that argument, and it shouldn'tstop us having miniguns. If Arnie can lift a mingun, that's good enough for me.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Absolutely - since when did a game where the protagonist can run at 90mph need to have a realistic weapon? And Doom is set in the future - who knows what they'll invent in the future. Man portable miniguns? Ooooh Yesss! :biggrin:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Want to make a prop?

http://www.restrainingbolt.com/tutorial ... orial.html
The HavoX

Post by The HavoX »

Chronoteeth wrote:Sure sure, you say such things, but then you'll be longing for the pitter patter of a well made chaingun when all you see are those damn realistic ARs.
The problem though, "Mr. Teeth," is that some of us are getting tired of miniguns, as they're being overused.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Thats not the case, what I ment was, in the future, sooner or later, you'll be rewording that to have ARs insted of miniguns.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Are miniguns really being over used? I don't see that many of them in mods. Certainly not compared to the number of Assault Rifles, regular machine guns, shotguns and rifles.
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Enjay wrote:Are miniguns really being over used? I don't see that many of them in mods. Certainly not compared to the number of Assault Rifles, regular machine guns, shotguns and rifles.
Seconded. It seems to me like somewhere along the line someone said "nope, no more miniguns thanks," and everyone just fell into line...

Miniguns FTW.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

As far as I can tell, this whole "No More Miniguns!" thing started with Daniel using those hideous chain guns over and over again. Random, but I'm actually considering creating a Daniel-esque jokewad where the only weapons are those chainguns, and like, the ultimate weapon is like eight chaingun on a screen at once.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Sir_Alien wrote: Seconded. It seems to me like somewhere along the line someone said "nope, no more miniguns thanks," and everyone just fell into line...
I think it's their appearances in pretty much every commercial FPS that comes out today that's making everyone tired of them.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Timesplitters do miniguns so well though...

I don't really mind what weapons turn up in a weapons mod, as long as they're balanced. A nice powerful minigun chewing through a crowd of imps is something I'd enjoy. :)
Sir_Alien

Post by Sir_Alien »

Phobus wrote:I don't really mind what weapons turn up in a weapons mod, as long as they're balanced.
Truth.
Phobus wrote:A nice powerful minigun chewing through a crowd of imps is something I'd enjoy. :)
Word.

Return to “Doom Armory”