Suggestion: Requests Forum

Here you can chat about the Doom Armory itself, weapon mods, and whatever else that might be related somehow. [Home]

Moderator: wildweasel

Zero Prophet

Suggestion: Requests Forum

Post by Zero Prophet »

I shall proceed to make this short and sweet. I visited the resources sector and spied yet another locked item formerly requesting sprites. It seems that we have way too many of these types of lockings simply because they did not utilize the official request thread.

I'm sorry, what official request thread?

I apologize. That wasn't meant to sound rude, but that is about everyone's response the first time one of their request threads is killed... including mine as well. I did not even know such a thing existed when I first made my now-murdered request. I personally think that something should be done about this.

I also believe for forum title is misleading... Modding Help and Resources seems to indicate to people that they are allowed to ask for such things. After all, it would make sense, right? To ask for help, they request for resources... what's the sin in that? I don't mean to strike out against the moderation, but it seems that both sides are playing a tiny part in this charade. The users don't look for the official request thread, but the admins mislead people into thinking there is not one.

So finally, we come to my suggestion and solution -- a requests forum. I believe that if we had a seperate forum for this, it would make many things clearer for everybody. Users would no longer have to hunt for the official thread and the admins wouldn't be required to lock so many threads. If we split away Resources into its own section, and possibly Modding Help/Requests into another, things would simply work out better for everone.

Does anyone else out there agree, or am I my only audience as usual?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I give up.

I started the Offical Resource Request thread (rather, Chrono did) to help keep the forum clean of all sorts of request threads and make sure that people can find what they're really after (help and ready-to-use resources). At this point, however, I suppose I could get Grubber to make a new forum for Requests.
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

All right, I think this would help everything out quite a bit.

And I apologize if I sounded too harsh in my post. I just thought that things had gotten a little ridiculous so I had to say something. Sorry about that...
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I would feel a bit more relaxed in asking for sprites in such a requests thread...

Return to “Doom Armory”