ahem....progress?

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

yellowmadman

ahem....progress?

Post by yellowmadman »

Well, as some of you may remember, I asked a while ago how I can make my own weapon sprites.

Well, I never got too into it. But just a week I had decided to draw in first person perspective. I have used Far Cry 2 as a reference for my drawings and also did a FAMAS with MW2's as a reference.

I can do it on paper great. But on computer it gave me trouble. Now, I did all this with in one day.
I'm not sure if its good progress, but right here is my first gun that I used in game. It sucks... but its a first. Image

now then, I also did a cocking animation for it...but im not posting it simply because imageshack is annoying.

Here is my second...which I guess is alot better. Image
yellowmadman

Re: ahem....progress?

Post by yellowmadman »

ok, now then. I know those pictures are fuzzy, but that is because A. They are larger and B. its MSpaint.

Now after a few more attempts with paint Image

I did a pistol, too Image

Now I used a different program... Paint.NET (which totally sucks due too random floating pistols and objects not filling up all the way and having blue, invisible outlines you cant see until in game)

and made this

yellowmadman

Post by yellowmadman »

I know they dont look good, especially when compared to others, but are they good for starters?

I really need help with shading and lighting effects though! I cant get that down!
Are there any better tutorials aside from scubasteve's?
yellowmadman

Post by yellowmadman »

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3289/chaingun.png a sprite edit I made of the Macenstein chaingun and doom chiangun.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

If you're going for cel-shading, you should do cel-shading on the hands too for added effect. This can actually be very simple to achieve by following doomguy's hands outlines.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”