Help please Weapon error

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

TristanYockell

Help please Weapon error

Post by TristanYockell »

Hey guys, well I have the weapon in game as In the sprite is in front of me and ready to go. I click fire and the muzzle flash comes out, then right before the firesound its a quick blip of sound then kicks me to desk top with the error that says ( Assertion "Attack" failed at line 3442 of scr/p_action.cc. )
Any ideas guys?. I'm very new to all this but I tried to put in everything that was needed.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Hmm, it would help if you were to post your weapon's code...
TristanYockell

Post by TristanYockell »

oK sorry I did not post sooner, I fixed it on my own :) . Now I'm successfully using your Sawed off in Immoral conduct and it looks great.
Thanks very much Weasel. It was just that i messed up on a few tiny things, between ; and , so on so forth.

Im actually quite suprised at how simplistic it can be to mod doom. its sweet.
Anyway cheers and thanks for informing me on the DDF tutorial page it was a life saver.
Nick_Perrin

Post by Nick_Perrin »

TristanYockell wrote:Im actually quite suprised at how simplistic it can be to mod doom. its sweet.
TristanYockell wrote:Now I'm successfully using your Sawed off in Immoral conduct and it looks great.
:roll:

TristanYockell

Post by TristanYockell »

Nick_Perrin wrote:
TristanYockell wrote:Im actually quite suprised at how simplistic it can be to mod doom. its sweet.
TristanYockell wrote:Now I'm successfully using your Sawed off in Immoral conduct and it looks great.
:roll:

I'v already stated this is for personal use only, I'm not releaseing it and I do not take credit for any of it.
What I ment to say is its alot easier to add content from one mod to another then I thought it was.
I only started messing with this a few days ago and I thought it would be alot harder to do is all.
Sorry if I offended you in some way. :?
Nick_Perrin

Post by Nick_Perrin »

TristanYockell wrote: Sorry if I offended you in some way. :?
Oh no no no I'm not offended at all, I was just messing around. I really don't mind at all, I was just making an observation for humour's sake :P
Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

You're just new, Tristan =p Oh well, good luck with your experimenting, which is what I assume is what you're doing.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Experimentation is the best way to learn, if you ask me. A lot of Weasel's Weapons (my original debut mod) was mainly just me screwing around with the Doom weapons.
TristanYockell

Post by TristanYockell »

Visplane_Overflow wrote:You're just new, Tristan =p Oh well, good luck with your experimenting, which is what I assume is what you're doing.
Yeah deffinatly experimenting :). I just see alot of mods that I really like, problem is they all have some features that I want in both. So I try and create the best of both worlds for my own use.

Even to this day with all the new state of the art games out, I would still rather spend countless hours mapping, modding and playing doom.

As for my other thread, do I have everyone stumped on that one?.
Is it possible to make SHOT attacks have limited range? or are you stuck with using settings like 1024 or 2048 ect.?

Someone on the EDGE forum stated they have a shotgun working that fires several shot attacks that do damage at varying ranges.
Id really really like to replicate this but havent been able to get it to work.

SHOT does not seem to do any damage to enemies or create PUFFS when its below 1024.
Nick_Perrin

Post by Nick_Perrin »

TristanYockell wrote: Even to this day with all the new state of the art games out, I would still rather spend countless hours mapping, modding and playing doom.
Agreed, but I'll never really know why haha... Doom is just the gift that keeps on giving...

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”