[RES][G] Shadow Warrior pre-release Beta Riotgun

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

engineer

[RES][G] Shadow Warrior pre-release Beta Riotgun

Post by engineer »

First attempt at a rip of any kind. Be gentle or i'll be forced to release hello.wad.

Single frame rip from the only screenshot that I know of that had it. You'll have to sort out muzzleflashes and barrel rotating by yourself, but this should at least be a decent base to work from.
Attachments
CHAA0.png
CHAA0.png (8.35 KiB) Viewed 6365 times
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

That's really nice! The only problem is that it's taken from a JPEG, so it has heavy compression. I actually tried to make my own version of the beta riotgun a while back, let me dig it up.

Edit:
Here it is. I didn't get very far, but I was able to draw up a support handle based on the one from the beta.
Attachments
ATS_Test.PNG
ATS_Test.PNG (5.35 KiB) Viewed 6353 times
Last edited by Snarboo on Tue May 06, 2008 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
engineer

Post by engineer »

Yeah, the compression does suck but it's the only source I have for tha thing.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

It's a great base, though, and you did a good job of cleaning up the garbage around the gun. :)
engineer

Post by engineer »

I'm going to try my hand with the beta Rocket Launcher just for the hell of it. Looks better than the final version IMO.
engineer

Post by engineer »

Here's an alternate with the final version's shorter barrels:
Attachments
CHAA0-2.png
CHAA0-2.png (7.92 KiB) Viewed 6332 times
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

i tried to make my own version of the beta riotgun some time ago, but i couldn't make the barrel rotate. i wish i could use this weapon on DuduKrazy's Guns III, but there are two problems.

1 - The Riotgun from the final version is heavily overused. So i don't know if it would be a good idea to use the beta version of the gun.

2 - I still can't find a way to make the barrel rotate. I think i'm going to wait for some weapon editing pro to do the job.
engineer

Post by engineer »

You could take the barrel frames from the final version and paste them onto the body of the beta Riotgun.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

but the problem is that the barrel of the final version riotgun is too short. i prefer the longer barrel from the beta version.
engineer

Post by engineer »

With some edits, one can lengthen the default barrel size. Observe:
Attachments
CHAA0-3.png
CHAA0-3.png (12.54 KiB) Viewed 6319 times
engineer

Post by engineer »

Oh Snarboo: I made the whiskey bottle texture for the latest Fistful of Frags release.

:D
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Oh wow, small world. :D That's pretty cool. I haven't had anything HL2 installed on my computer in a while, but I've been meaning to try the latest beta.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”