Model 1897 Trench Gun

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

MidoriMan

Model 1897 Trench Gun

Post by MidoriMan »

Since quite a while back, my laptop (which I have been using for Doom-related stuff) was sent into the shop for repairs. Meanwhile, to pass the time, I decided to play around with Snarboo's Trench Gun spriteset.

The concept was absolutely sound, but I always thought there was room for improvement. What I created as a result, was a lot more like the real thing as well as almost completely overhauled (I've even attached a bayonet!).
The sprites themselves are practically in a bare-bones state (IE no firing/thrusting frames). but I have included a pickup sprite.

FYI, the main difference between SHTGA0 and SHTGF0 is that 'F0 has it's hammer already struck (it's already fired a round).
Attachments
MidoriTrenchGun.zip
Credits-

ID Software (original shotgun sprites)
Snarboo (initial modification)
Infinity Ward & Activision (the back part of the idle frames were initially ripped from Call of Duty 2's Trench Gun)
(40.74 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Making swinging/thrusting frames should be no problem, I could probably get by with just the B frame and align that around as necessary. A bit disappointed that there's no muzzle flash, but I could probably figure something out there too.

Highly useful graphics. These are going into my next mod, whichever one that will end up being. =P

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”